Just to make you aware, you’re going to have this Linguine with Shrimp and Arugula on repeat! It’s a quick and easy recipe of tender pasta twirled with plump shrimp and wilted arugula in a lemony white wine scampi sauce. A pinch of crushed red pepper gives it just the right kick. Healthy comfort food on the table in 30 minutes! Need I say more?!
This is one of the most visited recipes on Give it Some Thyme throughout the year. You can argue it’s appropriate for any season. And as the days continue to get busier, it’s a life-saver during the week and yet elegant to serve for weekend fun. So this beauty got a photographic makeover.
Remember to PIN THIS to save the recipe for later!
Making Linguine with Shrimp and Arugula
This dish will put a smile on your face as your tummy gets happier with every twirled bite.
It all comes together quickly so it’s good to have everything lined up to have at your fingertips when it’s time to hit the pan. The chopping and prep is minimal so have no fear. I used a 12-inch Lodge cast iron skillet this time around, but my high-rimmed, 5-quart saucepan or Le Creuset Dutch Oven would have done the trick as well.
Basically, you’ll sauté the shallots, garlic, crushed red pepper and shrimp in the wine while the pasta cooks.
Once the linguine is done, wilt in the arugula, toss the pasta in, finish with lemon, parm and parsley. And, voila! Dinner is served!! Enjoy 🙂
Here are more comfort food recipes either made in a skillet, Dutch oven, instant pot, or slow cooker!
Skillet & Dutch Oven Recipes!
- Mexican Chicken Tortilla Skillet
- Thai Butternut Squash & Pumpkin Curry
- Pork & Pear Stir Fry Noodle Bowl
- Sweet Corn & Chicken Chowder
- Healthy Turkey Chili
Instant Pot Recipes!
Slow Cooker Recipes!
- Taco Chicken Chili
- Ancho Short Rib Tacos
- Thai Beef Stew
- Chicken Mole Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Shrimp Jambalaya
- Hawaiian Chicken Sloppy Joes
Essential Kitchen Tools
- 12-inch cast iron skillet OR
- Dutch oven OR
- 5-quart high-rimmed pan with handle
- 8-quart stock pot with pasta insert
- 7-inch Santoku knife
- BPA-free cutting boards
Linguine with Shrimp and Arugula
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup shallots or red onion, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 ½ lbs large shrimp, 21-25 ct, peeled and deveined
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- ⅓ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus extra when serving
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or parsley, chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Cook linguine in a large pot of boiling, well-salted water until al dente, according to package instructions.
- If the pasta is done before the sauce and shrimp, drain and transfer to a large bowl. Drizzle with a little olive oil so it doesn't stick.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and cook 3 minutes until softened and translucent.
- Add garlic and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the red pepper flakes and wine and simmer 3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the mixture and cook until almost opaque in the center, 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Lower heat to medium and stir in arugula by the handful and let each addition wilt before adding more. Add the linguine and toss gently to combine.
- Mix in the parmesan, basil or parsley, lemon zest and juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve straight from the skillet or transfer to a large platter. Pass extra parmesan separately. Enjoy!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
This page contains affiliate links. Meaning, whenever you purchase an item after clicking an Amazon link through this website, we receive a small percentage from Amazon. It doesn’t cost anything extra to you! It simply helps maintain the blog. Thanks so much!