Just to make you aware, you’re going to have this Linguine with Shrimp and Arugula on repeat! It’s a quick and easy recipe of tender pasta twirled with plump shrimp and wilted arugula in a lemony white wine scampi sauce. A pinch of crushed red pepper gives it just the right kick. Healthy comfort food on the table in 30 minutes! Need I say more??
Remember to PIN THIS to save the recipe for later!
Why you need this recipe
This is one of the most visited recipes on Give it Some Thyme throughout the year. You can argue it’s appropriate for any season. And as the days continue to get busier, it’s a life-saver during the week and yet elegant to serve for weekend fun. This dish will put a smile on your face as your tummy gets happier with every twirled bite.
It all comes together quickly so it’s good to have everything lined up to have at your fingertips when it’s time to hit the pan. The chopping and prep is minimal so have no fear. I used a 12-inch Lodge cast iron skillet this time around, but my high-rimmed, 5-quart saucepan or Le Creuset Dutch Oven would have done the trick as well.
Basically, you’ll sauté the shallots, garlic, crushed red pepper and shrimp in the wine while the pasta cooks.
Once the linguine is done, wilt in the arugula, toss the pasta in, finish with lemon, parm and parsley. And, voila! Dinner is served!! Enjoy 🙂
More Pasta Recipes to Try
Linguine with Shrimp and Arugula
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup shallots or red onion, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 ½ lbs large shrimp, 21-25 ct, peeled and deveined
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- ⅓ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus extra when serving
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or parsley, chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Cook linguine in a large pot of boiling, well-salted water until al dente, according to package instructions.
- If the pasta is done before the sauce and shrimp, drain and transfer to a large bowl. Drizzle with a little olive oil so it doesn't stick.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and cook 3 minutes until softened and translucent.
- Add garlic and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the red pepper flakes and wine and simmer 3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the mixture and cook until almost opaque in the center, 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Lower heat to medium and stir in arugula by the handful and let each addition wilt before adding more. Add the linguine and toss gently to combine.
- Mix in the parmesan, basil or parsley, lemon zest and juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve straight from the skillet or transfer to a large platter. Pass extra parmesan separately. Enjoy!
This page contains affiliate links. Meaning, whenever you purchase an item after clicking an Amazon link through this website, we receive a small percentage from Amazon. It doesn’t cost anything extra to you! It simply helps maintain the blog. Thanks so much!