As the mercury rises, you have to love no-bake beauties like this Mocha KitKat Ice Cream Cake. It’s a melt-in-your-mouth triple threat of KitKat-studded coffee ice cream blanketed with moussey, chocolate cream all atop a chocolate cookie crust. Decadently sinful!
Remember to PIN THIS to save the recipe for later!
Assembling the Layers
Classic chocolate wafer cookies get things started. They’re crisp and light, the perfect texture to whirl into fine grounds for the crust. Chocolate graham crackers will work, too. Moisten crumbs with melted butter and press evenly into your springform pan. Freeze for a few minutes to set. No baking needed!
The next layer is based on my daughter’s top ice cream flavors – mocha – and her favorite candy – KitKat (this post is a complete reflection of her annual birthday cake). When we discovered Dark Chocolate KitKat Bars at our local Rite-Aid, life got even better. They can be rather elusive so if you can’t find them at a store near you, head to Amazon or simply go with the regular, milk chocolate.
The beauty of this type of dessert is it’s completely customizable. Simply soften your favorite flavor(s) of ice cream, mix in your favorite candy, and decide whether or not you plan to share.
Let your candy-studded ice cream layer reset in the freezer an hour or two before topping it off with this luscious, chocolate whipped cream consisting of only four ingredients. You’ll need discipline to save some for the cake!
How long does ice cream cake need to freeze?
Freeze this beauty overnight so it’s fully set, and doesn’t go splat when removing the springform pan sides. You’ll put your guests over the top with more chopped KitKats, or candy of choice. We all need to happily indulge once in awhile. Enjoy!
More Mouthwatering Desserts to Try!
Mocha KitKat Ice Cream Cake
- 6 ounces chocolate wafer cookies, broken into pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
ICE CREAM CAKE
- 2 quarts coffee ice cream, softened
- 6 ounces dark or milk chocolate KitKats, chopped
- 1 ½ cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, or 1 tablespoon Kahlua
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Chopped KitKats, for garnish
- Finely grind cookie pieces in a food processor. Add melted butter. Process until combined and crumbs are moistened. Press crumb mixture onto bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with 2 ¾-inch sides. Freeze for 15 minutes until firm.
ICE CREAM CAKE
- In a large bowl, mix chopped KitKats into softened ice cream. Reserve some KitKat pieces for garnish, if desired. Spread mixture evenly over cookie crust. Smooth the top. Cover and freeze 1-2 hours to set.
- In another large bowl, combine whipping cream and vanilla. Sift powdered sugar and cocoa powder over.
- With an electric mixer, beat until soft peaks form. Spread mixture over hardened ice cream layer. Freeze overnight. (Can be made 3 days ahead. Cover and keep frozen.)
- Sprinkle chopped KitKat pieces over top. Remove pan sides. Let cake stand at room temperature 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
This page contains affiliate links. Meaning, whenever you purchase an item after clicking an Amazon link through this website, we receive a small percentage from Amazon. It doesn’t cost anything extra to you! It simply helps maintain the blog. Thanks so much!