That’s right! Yum Yum Shrimp Wonton Cups AND A Virtual Baby Shower! This (relatively) pink-themed post is in honor of our dear blogging friend, Katherine, from Love In My Oven who is soon expecting her first baby girl!
A huge thank you goes out to Kelly from Kelly Lynn’s Sweets & Treats for spearheading the gathering and keeping 22 bloggers organized and on point. Be sure to check out the shower invitation at the end of the post to see all of the awesome recipes contributed in honor of Katherine and her family!
Remember to PIN THIS to save the recipe for later!
How to Make Yum Yum Shrimp Wonton Cups
These Yum Yum Shrimp Wonton Cups start with the addictive hibachi restaurant classic, Japanese steakhouse white sauce, aka yum yum sauce! The pink-tinged, creamy and slightly spicy blend works well on pretty much every protein, rice and veggies.
Plus, with one whisk and one bowl, you can whip up your own in five minutes or less. It pairs perfectly with these well-seasoned seared shrimp. A little tang with a little spice is really nice! 🙂
The crunch of the crispy baked wonton shells adds great texture to the creamy sauce and tender shrimp. You can bake the wonton wraps up to 5 days ahead and store in an airtight container at room temperature. Also, it’s best to fill them just before serving so they don’t get soggy on the bottom.
When ready, load up your wonton cup with the Yum Yum Shrimp and top off with another whole one and plenty of yum yum sauce on the side. Enjoy!
Be sure to check out these other super delish snacking recipes!
- Roasted Chicken Verde Taquitos
- Baked Sweet Potato Chips w/ Avocado Lime Whip
- Roasted Tomato Garlic & White Bean Hummus
- Asian Meatball Sliders with Spiced Pickles
- Mushroom Stuffed Portobellos with Feta
- Prosciutto Wrapped Marsala Glazed Shrimp
- Blistered Cherry Tomato & Grape Galette
- Sheet Pan Buffalo Chicken Nachos
If you make these Yum Yum Shrimp in Wonton Cups, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys! And of course, if you make this recipe, don’t forget to snap a pic and tag me on Instagram!
Yum Yum Shrimp Wonton Cups
Yum Yum Sauce
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup non-fat greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce or ketchup
- 1 tablespoons rice or white wine vinegar
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper or hot sauce
- ½ tablespoon water as needed for desired consistency
- Cooking spray
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 24 wonton wrappers, 3 ¼ x 3 ¼ inches
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cajun spice
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 1¼ lb 31-40 count shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- ⅓ cup shallots, minced
- ⅓ cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 24- cup mini muffin pan or 2 12-cup mini muffin pans
Yum Yum Sauce
- In a medium bowl, whisk first 12 ingredients together until well combined. Whisk in water a teaspoon at a time until desired consistency is achieved. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and chill. (Enjoy within 1 week.) Makes ¾ cup.
Shrimp & Assembling
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat mini muffin cups with cooking spray. With about 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, brush one side of the wonton wrappers. Gently press wontons, oil side up, into wells of the pans. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake wonton cups 7-9 minutes until edges turn light golden brown and are set. Remove from oven and cool on racks for 5 minutes. Remove cups from muffin tins and place on racks to cool completely. (Can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 5 days.)
- Combine Cajun spice, paprika, chili powder, salt, and white pepper in a small bowl. In a medium bowl, toss prepped shrimp with spice mixture to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the shrimp until just opaque in the center, 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. Transfer cooked shrimp to a clean bowl.
- Set 24 whole shrimp aside. Coarsely chop the remaining shrimp and place in a medium bowl. Add the shallots and green onion.
- Gently toss with just enough Yum Yum Sauce to coat. Fill wonton cups with yum yum shrimp mixture. Place a whole shrimp on top.
- Drizzle with additional Yum Yum Sauce. Garnish with chopped chives, parsley and green onion, as desired.
Meet our guest of honor, Katherine! Katherine blogs over at Love In My Oven and is the proud momma to two boys and a soon-to-arrive baby girl!!
You don’t need to know Katherine to join in the fun, just enjoy all of the pink-themed recipes the bloggers are bringing to the party! Scroll down to see what the bloggers are sharing, and click on the links to hop over to their blogs to check their recipe out.
7-UP RASPBERRY PINK PUNCH from Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
BEET GOAT CHEESE PHYLLO ROLLS from Looney For Food
YUM YUM SHRIMP WONTON CUPS from Give it Some Thyme
ROASTED BEET AND GOAT CHEESE PASTA from Robust Recipes
PRETTY IN PINK PARTY MIX from Tiny Kitchen Capers
ROASTED BEET AND WHITE BEAN HUMMUS from Crumb Top Baking
IT’S A GIRL BABY SHOWER CAKE from The Sugar Coated Cottage
MELTING MOMENTS COOKIES WITH RASPBERRY BUTTERCREAM from Sugar Salt Magic
STRAWBERRY MOUSSE CUPS from The Beach House Kitchen
ROSE RASPBERRY LYCHEE CUPCAKES from Sift & Simmer
VANILLA GLAZED BAKED DONUTS from Girl Heart Food
CHOCOLATE ROSE TRUFFLES from The Love of Cakes
PRETTY IN PINK PARFAITS from Six Snippets
STRAWBERRY CREAM PUFFS from The Itsy-Bitsy Kitchen
STRAWBERRY ROSE CAKE DONUTS from Ben’s Havoc in the Kitchen
STRAWBERRY SCONES from 31 Daily
RASPBERRY MOUSSE BROWNIE TRIFLE from Better With Biscuits
STRAWBERRY LEMONADE CUPCAKES from Nourish and Fete
VANILLA DONUTS WITH PINK GLAZE from Sweet Little Baker
STRAWBERRY SOUFFLÉS WITH FRESH STRAWBERRIES from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
NO CHURN STRAWBERRY SHORT CAKE ICE CREAM from The Baking Chocolatess
Thanks for joining the party and hope you enjoy all of these delicious recipes!
This page contains affiliate links. Meaning, whenever you purchase an item after clicking an Amazon link through this website, we receive a small percentage from Amazon. It doesn’t cost anything extra to you! It simply helps maintain the blog. Thanks so much!