Roasted Chicken Verde Taquitos!! Tender rotisserie chicken, bubbling mexican cheese, poblano pepper, green onion, corn, and spices come together with a super easy and flavorful Roasted Tomatillo Salsa Verde. Once you make your own taquitos, you’ll walk right by those frozen boxes in the the grocery store. These must-have snacks are freezer-friendly so you always have them on hand.
These taquitos along with the salsa verde were on the menu over the weekend as we watched March Madness. Throughout the year this is one of the most visited pages on the blog so I thought it deserved some updated photos. And let’s just say the gang couldn’t wait for me to stop shooting.?
Remember to PIN THIS to save the recipe for later!
Roasted Chicken Verde Taquitos
You can certainly buy the jarred stuff, but what will make your taquitos stand out above the rest is this simple, homemade salsa verde. Roasting the tomatillos, peppers, onion, and garlic bring out natural caramelized sugars to balance the heat. The beauty of this, too, is it can be made days in advance and frozen!
When it comes to the tortillas, I’ll use a variety. The kids prefer flour, but I like the flour/corn blend and gluten-free almond flour tortillas the best. The cassava/coconut flour ones were just okay in our opinion. But by all means use what your gang likes best.
The filling is a just a one-bowl mixture that’s a cinch to combine. I’ve found straight up corn tortillas to be the most challenging to work with. They tend to crack whereas the ones mentioned above hold their shape.
Once rolled up, you can either freeze them or pop ’em right in the oven for about 15 minutes, then watch your gang make them disappear. These are perfect for the Final Four this weekend and whenever there’s a craving. Enjoy!
Be sure to check out these other super delish snacking recipes!
- Baked Sweet Potato Chips w/ Avocado Lime Whip
- Roasted Tomato Garlic & White Bean Hummus
- Asian Meatball Sliders with Spiced Pickles
- Mushroom Stuffed Portobellos with Feta
- Prosciutto Wrapped Marsala Glazed Shrimp
- Blistered Cherry Tomato & Grape Galette
- Sheet Pan Buffalo Chicken Nachos
If you make these Roasted Chicken Verde Taquitos, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys! And of course, if you make this recipe, don’t forget to snap a pic and tag me on Instagram!
This page contains affiliate links. Meaning, whenever you purchase an item after clicking an Amazon link through this website, we receive a small percentage from Amazon. It doesn’t cost anything extra to you! It simply helps maintain the blog. Thanks so much!
Roasted Chicken Verde Taquitos
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese blend
- ½ cup salsa verde, plus more when serving
- ½ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup poblano pepper, diced
- ½ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼-½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- ½ cup frozen corn, thawed
- 16 6- inch flour or corn tortillas*
- Cooking spray
- Salt and pepper
- Garnish: crumbled queso fresco, chopped cilantro, lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, shredded cheese, salsa verde, yogurt, poblano pepper, green onions, cilantro, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, lime zest and juice.
- Whisk or whip with an electric mixer until smooth. Fold in chicken and corn. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fill each tortilla with about 3 heaping tablespoons of chicken filling, and roll up. Place the taquitos seam side down on prepared baking sheet and spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. (Taquitos can be frozen at this point. Freeze in a single layer on baking sheet then place in a plastic freezer bag for up to 3 months. Thaw before baking.)
- Bake 15 minutes or until the tortillas are lightly browned and cheese is bubbling at the ends. Serve hot with extra salsa verde and suggested garnishes if desired.