Yaaaassss!! 2020 is nearly in the rearview mirror, friends. And we’ll be celebrating in part with another batch of these easy, cheesy Mini Crab Puff Pastry Quiches, aka, addictive bitesize bombs of flavor loaded with jumbo lump crabmeat. The tender pastry swaddles the cheesy, crab and egg custard laced with Dijon, green onion, spices and fresh herbs. Believe me, you’ll want these tasty bites on repeat ALL YEAR LONG.
Remember to PIN THIS to save the recipe for later!
Key Ingredients & Substitutions
This is really such a simple recipe that’s totally customizable depending on what you have on hand. Shrimp, ham, or sausage can easily be substituted for the crab. And, the green onion can easily be swapped out in favor of shallots, bell peppers, roasted peppers, artichokes or any veg of choice.
The filling for the quiches comes together by whipping the eggs with your desired veggies, spices and fresh herbs. I used Old Bay seasoning, garlic powder and fresh parsley, but you can change things up as you like. Fold in the cheese and crabmeat last so those succulent lumps don’t fall apart.
Prepping the Puff Pastry & Assembling
Next, you’ll roll each pastry sheet into a 12 x 12-inch square and cut out 24 circles using a round cookie cutter. Then it’s just a matter of pressing them into the muffin tin cups and filling them with the crab and egg mixture. After topping the quiches with a little extra parm, they’re ready for the oven.
In about 15 minutes or so, you’ll have puffy golden quiches ready to be devoured. Here’s to ringing in the New Year deliciously!
Stay safe and healthy, friends!! I’ll see you on the other side. xx, Kim
More Mouthwatering Snacking Inspo!
Mini Crab Puff Pastry Quiches
- Mini muffin tins
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- ½ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or basil, finely chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 ounces jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, freshly grated (goat cheese, fontina or gruyere would be delish too)
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated, plus extra for baking and serving
- 2 puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten with a teaspoon of water for egg wash
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly grease cups of 2 12-cup mini muffin tins. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, green onion, parsley or basil, Dijon mustard, Old Bay, garlic powder, and a pinch of salt and pepper until well combined.
- Gently fold the crab and cheeses into the egg mixture.
- On a floured surface, roll one sheet of puff pastry into a 12×12 square.
- Use a round cookie cutter 3 inches in diameter to cut out 12 circles of pastry.
- Gently press each pastry circle into the cups of a muffin tin.
- Repeat same process with second sheet of pastry.
- Fill each cup with about a tablespoon of the crab mixture.
- Brush the edges of puff pastry with the egg wash.
- Sprinkle tops with extra parmesan cheese.
- Bake mini quiches 15-18 minutes until the egg is set and the pastry is golden.
- Let cool 5 minutes in muffin tins.
- Transfer quiches to a serving plate and garnish with extra parmesan, parsley and basil. Enjoy!
This page contains affiliate links. Meaning, whenever you purchase an item after clicking an Amazon link through this website, we receive a small percentage from Amazon. It doesn’t cost anything extra to you! It simply helps maintain the blog. Thanks so much!