Get in the spirit with this quick and easy Festive Holiday Pomegranate Guacamole! A beautiful and delicious bowl perfect for snacking throughout the holidays and whenever there’s a craving. It’s so good, hoarding a batch for yourself is totally legit.
Remember to PIN THIS to save the recipe for later!
How to Make Festive Holiday Pomegranate Guacamole
Now, I know what you may be thinking. Why on earth would you mess with such a classic?! Well, we’re in the heart of pomegranate season which typically runs from October through January in the US so figured this was another way to make the most of it.
The seeds, or arils, have this sweet-yet-tart thing going on that adds an extra pop of yummy flavor, color and crunch. It basically turns regular guacamole into Christmas in a bowl.
Most pomegranates come from California and will last in the fridge a few weeks so go grab some and hop on the pomegranate bandwagon. You’ll benefit from their high levels of antioxidants, vitamin C, and potassium to boot.😉
Keys to making REALLY GREAT GUAC
- Use really ripe avocados!
- Mash the avocado with lime juice right away to slow the oxidation process.
- Add minced garlic and jalapeño for a bit of heat.
- Crumbled queso fresco or feta adds another dimension of flavor, but totally optional to keep it vegan.
- We love lots of cilantro, but if you’re not a fan use parsley.
- Serve with your favorite chips, raw veggies or just grab a spoon. Enjoy!💚
More Delicious Holiday Snacking Recipes
Festive Holiday Pomegranate Guacamole
- 4 medium ripe avocados, pitted and cubed
- Juice of 2 limes, zest of 1, plus lime wedges for garnish
- ⅔ cup pomegranate arils, rinsed, divided
- ½ cup shallots, diced
- ⅓ cup tomatoes, mostly seeded and diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño, minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese (optional)
- In a large bowl, use a potato masher or large fork to mash the avocado, lime juice and zest together until desired creaminess. (I like guac on the chunkier side.)
- Mix in ⅓ cup pomegranate arils, the shallots, tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, salt and cumin. Fold in the cheese, if desired.
- Transfer guacamole to a serving bowl. Garnish with remaining pomegranate arils, lime wedges and cilantro. Serve immediately with tortilla chips and/or crudité.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
This page contains affiliate links. Meaning, whenever you purchase an item after clicking an Amazon link through this website, we receive a small percentage from Amazon. It doesn’t cost anything extra to you! It simply helps maintain the blog. Thanks so much!