Honey Roasted Pear and Brie Flatbread showcases sweet pears, creamy brie, salty prosciutto, caramelized walnuts and fresh rosemary on a crispy crust. A delicious, hearty autumn appetizer that can easily turn into dinner! The complementary flavors and textures of the fruit, cheese and meat turned this unassuming pizza crust into something really special.
Remember to PIN THIS to save the recipe for later!
Apples tend to take center stage when it comes to fall and holiday recipes. Pears deserve a chance at the spotlight, don’t you think? For this recipe, choose your favorite variety and what’s almost ripe. Overly ripe pears will become mush in the oven. Here, I used Bartlett and Starkrimson pears. One dynamic duo if I say so myself.
Get this flatbread party started with room temperature brie to spread over the crust. Top with shallots and sprinkle the rosemary over for a solid base of mouthwatering flavor. I like lining a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment to keep clean-up a breeze!
The crust acts as a canvas for creativity when it comes to designing your flatbread. Arrange the pear slices, prosciutto strips, and walnuts to your culinary liking!
The honey drizzle brings all that caramelized flavor home unapologetically. The recipe is simply a starting point. Below are substitution suggestions if you want to change things up a bit.
Key Ingredients & Substitutions
Fruit – Not a huge pear fan? Sub sliced apples, or partially cooked sweet potato and butternut squash
Cheese – Great cheese substitutions for brie are goat, gruyere, and creamy gorgonzola
Meat – Missing prosciutto? Brown some bacon, pancetta, or simply tear up thinly sliced ham
Veggies – Easily replace shallots with an obvious onion, or sliced mushrooms and bell peppers
Crunch – Caramelized walnuts added an awesome crunch as would pecans or cashews
Glaze – For sweetness, use maple syrup or agave if you don’t have honey
Hope you enjoy! Cheers to fall!! xo, Kim
You may also like these Snacking Recipes
- Sheet Pan Buffalo Chicken Nachos
- Roasted Butternut Squash Flatbread w/ Goat Cheese
- Baked Sweet Potato Chips w/ Avocado Lime Dip
- Prosciutto Wrapped Marsala Glazed Shrimp
- Blistered Cherry Tomato & Grape Galette
- Baked Zucchini Bites
Honey Roasted Pear and Brie Flatbread
- 1 large about 14×5 inches store-bought flatbread, or 2 smaller ones
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces brie cheese room temperature, rind removed
- ¼ cup shallots thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary finely chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 2 tablespoons honey divided
- 2-3 pears cored and thinly sliced
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto torn into strips
- ¼ cup caramelized or roasted walnuts chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Place flatbread onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Brush the top with a thin coating of olive oil. Bake for 5 minutes to crisp the crust.
- Remove flatbread from the oven and maintain oven temperature. Dollop the brie around on the flatbread and spread as evenly as you can. It doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Spread the shallots over the brie. Sprinkle with chopped rosemary. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Arrange pear slices as desired. Top with prosciutto and chopped walnuts. Drizzle with remaining honey. Season with freshly ground pepper, to taste.
- Bake flatbreads 10-12 minutes until pears soften, cheese melts, and crust edges are golden brown. Let cool slightly.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs and additional honey, as desired. Serve immediately.
This page contains affiliate links. Meaning, whenever you purchase an item after clicking an Amazon link through this website, we receive a small percentage from Amazon. It doesn’t cost anything extra to you! It simply helps maintain the blog. Thanks so much!