Farmers market inspo is the epitome of summer with these Peachy Caprese Pancetta Stacks dripping with Honeyed White Balsamic Glaze. They’re so easy to make, gluten free and downright delicious. The sweet n’ salty flavors and creamy n’ crispy textures are simply irresistible!
Remember to PIN a PHOTO to save the Recipe for later!
As you may already know, the key components to caprese salad are vine-ripened tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, and basil drizzled with a balsamic vinaigrette or glaze. Adding super sweet peaches, crispy pancetta and a lighter, white balsamic glaze truly let summer’s bounty shine.
Ripe yet still firm peaches work best in this recipe along with sliced pancetta. Look for already-packaged round slices of pancetta in your market or go to the deli counter and have it thinly sliced. About a quarter to a third of a pound will work. You’re going to bake the slices in a relatively low oven once they have a good sprinkle of brown sugar and crushed fennel seeds for extra caramelized flavor.
Once the pancetta is crisp and cool enough to handle you can start assembling your scrumptious stacks. Halving the peaches horizontally, removing the pits then halving again will work best. You can trim the very ends to make those outer slices flatter too. And to be honest, the quality of the peaches will make or break this dish, so make sure they’re super scrump!
And, please, don’t break out the level to make the stacks perfectly straight. You’ll drive yourself nuts for no reason. They’ll still taste ah-mazing!! As you can tell, I embrace imperfection. There are other things in life to worry about. Like your kid getting his driver’s license. No joke. It’s here. As in tomorrow.😂
Days are long but years are short is one of the truest phrases ever. Try to live slow, friends. Especially in summer. xo, Kim
Complementary Dishes to Serve…
When you’re menu planning for the next summer soiree, here are a few recipe ideas to round out the menu!
More Summer Recipes you may like…
Peachy Caprese Pancetta Stacks
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
- 12 thin round pancetta slices
- ½ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 large peaches
- 12 ripe tomato slices, about ¼-inch thick
- 12 fresh mozzarella slices, about ¼-inch thick
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 24-36 fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Place pancetta slices in a single layer on an extra-large, parchment-lined, rimmed baking sheet.
- Combine sugar and crushed fennel seeds in a small bowl. Sprinkle spice mixture evenly over pancetta. Bake 20-25 minutes until crisp.
- Combine vinegar, honey, and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Lower heat to medium and simmer 8-10 minutes until mixture thickens and is reduced to about ¼ cup. Set aside to cool.
- Cut each peach in half horizontally. Carefully remove pits. Cut peach halves in half horizontally. You’ll get 4 slices from each peach.
- To start assembling, place 6 peach slices on a serving platter. Then add the following: 1 mozzarella slice, 2-3 basil leaves, 1 tomato slice, 1 pancetta slice, 1 mozzarella slice, 2-3 basil leaves, 1 peach slice, and 1 pancetta slice.
- Drizzle vinegar glaze over. Top stacks with a few turns of freshly ground pepper and garnish with extra basil. Enjoy!
This page contains affiliate links. Meaning, whenever you purchase an item after clicking an Amazon link through this website, we receive a small percentage from Amazon. It doesn’t cost anything extra to you! It simply helps maintain the blog. Thanks so much!