Grilled Shrimp Garden Salad with Sesame Lime Dressing is a delicious, summery entree salad that’s quick, easy and perfect any day of the week! It’s loaded with fresh greens, cherry tomatoes, corn, cucumbers and succulent shrimp lightly coated in an Asian-inspired dressing.
Remember to PIN a PHOTO to save the recipe for later!
Why You’ll Love this Salad
After splurging on some heavier barbecue over Memorial Day Weekend, I was ready for something lighter and this super tasty salad was an ideal solution. It’s a great combo of flavor and texture that’s a cinch to whip up and perfect for summer al fresco dining.
How to Make It
Before grilling the shrimp, I coated them in a mixture of chili-garlic sauce, paprika and cumin (s&p too of course) for a little kick but nothing too spicy. Dial the heat up or down as you like! The grill adds some extra smoky flavor but you can always pan sear or oven roast these beauties to perfection too. Cooking times for the different methods are provided in the recipe.
The dressing is a simple blend of lime juice, zest, sesame oil, soy sauce and honey. It was well suited to complement the flavors of the salad ingredients without overpowering. Plus you can make it days in advance to have on hand.
The beauty of salads is their versatility so feel free to add and mix up as many seasonal fruits and veggies as you like. Enjoy! Cheers to summer, friends!!
More Seafood & Fish Recipes to Try!
Grilled Shrimp Garden Salad with Sesame Lime Dressing
- 2 pounds uncooked large shrimp (21-25 ct), peeled, deveined
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 ears of corn, husked
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces mixed baby greens or romaine lettuce
- 2 tablespoons each fresh mint and parsley, plus extra for garnish
- 8 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- ⅓ English hothouse cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, halved, peeled, pitted, cut into thin slices
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Zest of 1 lime
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Place shrimp in a medium bowl. Toss shrimp with chili-garlic sauce, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper until evenly coated. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Preheat grill over medium-high heat.
- Brush corn with vegetable oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill corn 6-7 minutes per side. Remove from heat and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Grill shrimp** skewers 3-4 minutes per side if using skewers. Cook 5-6 minutes until opaque in the center if using a pan.
- When the corn is cool enough to handle, cut off the kernels.
- Toss greens, mint and parsley in a large bowl and lightly coat with some of the dressing.
- Arrange shrimp, tomatoes, cucumber, avocado and corn over greens. Drizzle a little more dressing over top.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and extra herbs. Pass extra dressing separately when serving. Enjoy!
- Whisk all ingredients in a medium bowl. (Can be made 3 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
*Recipe generously adapted from Bon Appétit, August 2005
This page contains affiliate links. Meaning, whenever you purchase an item after clicking an Amazon link through this website, we receive a small percentage from Amazon. It doesn’t cost anything extra to you! It simply helps maintain the blog. Thanks so much!