Peach glazed chicken thighs are super tender and full of earthy flavor with fresh sage, marjoram and thyme then slathered with a sweet n' spicy peach glaze. Sweet potatoes and red onion round out this delicious gluten-free dinner that's done in an hour start to finish!
Remember to PIN THIS to save the recipe for later!
How to Add Flavor to Chicken
The herb and spice mixture kicks things off and is all of six ingredients - sage, marjoram, thyme, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. You can mix this up and rub down the chicken thighs the night before.
You want to generously coat the thighs with the spice rub as shown below.
The glaze can also be prepared in advance, and it too, is all of six ingredients that simmer together until thick and syrupy.
Prepping the Sheet Pan
When ready to get things fired up, slather it on the herb-rubbed chicken, scatter the sweet potatoes and onion wedges around, and you are oven ready. Acorn or butternut squash, carrots, baby potatoes, parsnips, and brussel sprouts would be delicious as well.
This is baked in a relatively hot oven so in 30 minutes at most, you'll be digging in to one fine sheet pan dish. Enjoy!
More Sheet Pan Chicken Dinners!
Peach Glazed Chicken Thighs
- ¾ cup peach jam
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 tablespoons fresh sage leaves , chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh marjoram , chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ¾ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs , well trimmed
- 1 ½ pounds sweet potatoes , peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large red onion , cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring just to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook until thick, syrupy and can coat the back of a spoon, 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.*
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line an extra-large, rimmed sheet pan with parchment or aluminum foil. In a small bowl, combine sage, marjoram, thyme, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Rub herb mixture all over chicken pieces and place on prepared sheet pan. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.*
- Gently toss sweet potatoes and onion in a large bowl with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Scatter vegetables around the chicken thighs on the sheet pan.
- Slather chicken with the glaze and drizzle some over the vegetables. Roast for 15 minutes, rotate the sheet pan and baste with any leftover glaze.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are fork tender, about 10 more minutes. Temperature of the chicken should be 165°F.
- Transfer to platter and serve.
This page contains affiliate links. Meaning, whenever you purchase an item after clicking an Amazon link through this website, we receive a small percentage from Amazon. It doesn’t cost anything extra to you! It simply helps maintain the blog. Thanks so much!
*Recipe inspired by Nancy Fuller, Farmhouse Rules