Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken Sloppy Joes! Tender shredded chicken and pineapple bathe in a sweet and tangy Hawaiian-inspired sauce. Perfect for game days and busy weeknights!
After the latest snowstorm, I couldn’t help but dream of the tropics and was ready for some bright Hawaiian flavors. I tend to use my slow cooker year round and these sloppy joes will satisfy that comfort food craving no matter the season.
Remember to PIN THIS to save the recipe for later!
How to Make Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken Sloppy Joes
My favorite slow cooker recipes are those that require no pre-browning and everything just gets chucked in the bucket. That’s exactly what happens here. The chicken lays on the veggies and the sauce gets poured over. Turn on your rig then go about your day.
Once the chicken is fall-apart tender, shred it up, add the pineapple, and let it get happy just a few minutes more. Or, it can sit on ‘warm’ until your gang gets home.
When ready, pile that tender chicken and sweet pineapple high, and roll up your sleeves. They’re called Sloppy Joes for a reason. Enjoy!
Here are more delicious Slow Cooker and Instant Pot recipes!
- Pulled Pork Tenderloin
- Chicken Marsala Risotto
- Italian Wedding Soup
- Ancho Short Rib Tacos
- Pasta e Fagioli
- Chicken Mole Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Shrimp Jambalaya
This page contains affiliate links. Meaning, whenever you purchase an item after clicking an Amazon link through this website, we receive a small percentage from Amazon. It doesn’t cost anything extra to you! It simply helps maintain the blog. Thanks so much!
Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken Sloppy Joes
- 2 large shallots or 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 lbs)
- ⅔ cup ketchup
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- ⅓ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups fresh pineapple chunks
- King’s Hawaiian burger or slider rolls
- Sliced green onions and lime wedges, for garnish
- Place shallots and bell pepper in a 5-6 quart slow cooker. Nestle chicken breasts on top.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ketchup, pineapple juice, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, ginger, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and nutmeg. Pour mixture over the chicken.
- Add the garlic. Cover and cook until chicken is fall-apart tender, 4-6 hours* on low.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Return the chicken to the slow cooker and stir in the pineapple. Cook on low 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot on rolls of choice with sliced green onion and a squeeze of lime.