You may already have chili recipes you’re committed to, but this super tasty, stove top Easy Three-Bean Turkey Chili is a one-pot wonder you’ll want on repeat.
Chili is one of the ultimate comfort foods and this one is packed with flavor, protein and fiber, and on the table in 45 minutes. A weekend crowd-pleaser that’s simple enough to serve during the week, and is even better made ahead.
Remember to PIN THIS to save the recipe for later!
Easy Three-Bean Turkey Chili
This recipe makes a large batch so even if your gang isn’t coming over, you can either halve the recipe, or freeze leftovers in portions. Perfect for meal prepping!
I started with lean white ground turkey, but feel free to use ground dark meat, or combine the two. The trio of beans varies the flavor and visual appeal. Plenty of chili powder, cumin, paprika and black pepper build a rich flavor that’s kicked up with jalapeños and crushed red pepper flakes.
The cooking happens in quick succession so it’s good to have all your chopping done and the beans rinsed before you fire up the stove.
In no time you’ll be ladling a big bowl of heart healthy deliciousness ready for your favorite toppings. This Easy Three-Bean Turkey Chili is a must-have recipe suitable for all seasons. Simple and super scrump! Enjoy!!
Chili Bar Suggestions
- green onions
- red onion
- lime wedges
- shredded cheese
Here are more crowd-pleasing One Pot Wonders and Slow Cooker faves!
- Chicken Shrimp & Sausage Stew
- Tuscan Tortellini & Veggie Soup
- Slow Cooker Ancho Short Rib Tacos
- Sweet Corn & Chicken Chowder
- Slow Cooker Chicken Mole Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Shrimp Jambalaya
- Fish Leek & Potato Chowder with Saffron
- Slow Cooker Taco Chicken Chili
Essential kitchen tools used in this recipe
If you make Easy Three-Bean Turkey Chili, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys! And of course, if you make this recipe, don’t forget to snap a pic and tag me on Instagram!
This page contains affiliate links. Meaning, whenever you purchase an item after clicking an Amazon link through this website, we receive a small percentage from Amazon. It doesn’t cost anything extra to you! It simply helps maintain the blog. Thanks so much!
Easy Three-Bean Turkey Chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, chopped, seeded and ribs removed
- ½ of a large bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 1 15- ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15- ounce can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15- ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 28- ounce can diced tomatoes in juice, do not drain
- 1 6- ounce can tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 ½ cups fresh corn or frozen kernels, thawed
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Toppings: cheddar or pepper jack cheese, scallions, red onion, avocado, jalapeños, cilantro, lime wedges, nachos
- Heat olive oil in large Dutch oven or stock pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and peppers, season with salt and pepper, and sauté over medium heat stirring occasionally until soft and translucent, 5-7 minutes.
- Mix in garlic and cook 1 minute more, stirring frequently.
- Add ground turkey and break up large pieces with a wooden spoon. Brown turkey 7-8 minutes, stirring often.
- Mix spices into pot and cook another minute until fragrant.
- Stir in beans, undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, broth, and wine. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add corn and red pepper flakes, if desired, and simmer 5 minutes to heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Let cool, cover and refrigerate. Rewarm over medium heat. A very freezer-friendly recipe, too!)
- Top with suggestions above, as desired. Enjoy!