This Cheesy Crockpot White Chicken Chili is such an easy, delicious, set-and-forget slow cooker recipe. No pre-searing required and it’s made with simple ingredients that are probably already in your pantry and fridge. Plus it’s gluten-free and perfect for meal prepping.
As we continue on our quest to space out trips to the grocery store, I’m getting into a groove of coming up with meals with what I already have on hand and will go a long way. With the four of us home for three meals a day, food can go rather quickly so being stocked up is key. Our freezers have never been so full! When all of this is over, I’ll never take the ability to run out to the store for granted again.🙏
Remember to PIN THIS to save the recipe for later!
How to Make Cheesy Crockpot White Chicken Chili
Now on to the deets! This is another of those chuck it all in, set the timer, and go-about-your-day recipes. The chicken, onion, garlic, beans, chiles, spices and stock go into the pool all at once then let the slow cooker do its magic.
When the chicken is fall apart tender, grab a couple of forks and get shredding. While shredding the chicken, I let the cream cheese melt into the chili until smooth and thickened. Then simply return the chicken to the slow cooker, and add the corn and fresh herbs.
Tip: For a thicker chili, combine a tablespoon of cornstarch with a couple tablespoons of chicken stock, water or milk in a small bowl. When the mixture is smooth, pour into the chili and cook to thicken.
What to Serve with Cheesy Crockpot White Chicken Chili
In addition to popping a cold one, here are some suggestions for toppings.
- sliced jalapeños
- sliced green onions
- diced red onion
- cubed avocado
- lime wedges
- cilantro or parsley
- cheddar, jack cheeses, queso fresco or cheese of choice
More Mouthwatering Mexican Favorites
It doesn’t have to be Cinco de Mayo to enjoy Mexican. You’ll love these recipes year-round!
- Roasted Chicken Verde Taquitos
- Tequila Lime Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Poblano Salsa
- Sheet Pan Adobo Chicken Fajitas
- Mexican Chicken Tortilla Skillet
- Fish Tacos Al Pastor with Grilled Pineapple Salsa
AND More Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes
- Chicken Mole Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Ancho Short Rib Tacos
- Taco Chicken Chili
- Hawaiian Chicken Sloppy Joes
- Pulled Pork Tenderloin
- Thai Beef Stew
Cheesy Crockpot White Chicken Chili
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless (3-4) chicken breasts
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 15-ounce cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chiles, mild or hot
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground black or white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups corn, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- Toppings: sliced green onions, jalapenos, fresh cilantro or parsley, shredded cheddar or jack cheese, Mexican crema, avocados, and toasted tortillas
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker. Top with onion, garlic, beans, chiles, cumin, salt, chili powder, oregano, black pepper and cayenne.
- Stir in chicken stock.
- Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours, or on high 2-3 hours.
- When chicken is tender, remove from slow cooker and place on a cutting board. Using two forks, shred the chicken.
- In a small bowl, mix some of the chili’s hot liquid with the cream cheese to help it melt. Pour mixture back in the slow cooker and add the shredded chicken.
- Cover and cook another 15-20 minutes, or until chili is smooth, creamy and slightly thickened. Stir in fresh cilantro or parsley.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with desired toppings. Enjoy!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
This page contains affiliate links. Meaning, whenever you purchase an item after clicking an Amazon link through this website, we receive a small percentage from Amazon. It doesn’t cost anything extra to you! It simply helps maintain the blog. Thanks so much!