This addictive, saucy Cheesy Turkey Meatball Skillet bathing in kicked up marinara and served with toasted baguette is perfect for game day snacking or dinner any night of the week! Plus, these tasty turkey meatballs are breadcrumb-less and moistened with shredded zucchini and onion making them super tender, healthy, delicious and gluten-free.
Remember to PIN THIS to save the recipe for later!
Key Ingredients & Substitutions
This is an incredibly easy recipe using pantry ingredients and items you probably already have in the fridge. You can use homemade or your favorite store-bought marinara and doctor it up with garlic, fresh herbs and other veggies you have on hand.
And when it comes to these delectable little meatballs, they are all of three ingredients plus dried spices and s&p. Lean ground turkey along with shredded zucchini and onion keeps the mixture soft without the need for some combination of egg and breadcrumbs.
Baking & Assembling
While the meatballs bake, you can make the sauce in a cast iron or other ovenproof skillet. Once the meatballs are done, marry them with the sauce and scatter pieces of burrata and shredded mozzarella all over.
Pop the pan under a preheated broiler for just a few minutes and you'll have a bubbly, gooey, saucy skillet full of tender meatballs. Be sure to have plenty of toasted baguette ready for dipping. It's seriously addictively delish. Be well and eat well, friends! xx, Kim
More Meatball Recipes to Try for Game Day!
📋 Recipe Card
Cheesy Turkey Meatball Skillet
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 ½ pounds ground turkey
- 1 small yellow onion , finely chopped
- ¾ teaspoon each of dried oregano and dried basil
- ½ teaspoon each kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 medium shallots , finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 24 ounces marinara sauce , homemade or store-bought
- 1 tablespoon each fresh oregano and parsley, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 4 ounces burrata cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Sliced baguette, toasted
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Squeeze as much moisture as you can from the shredded zucchini with either paper towels or a dish towel.
- In a medium bowl, combine the zucchini, turkey, onion, oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
- Form 24 meatballs with turkey mixture, about 1 ½ tablespoons each and place on a parchment-lined, rimmed baking sheet.
- Refrigerate 20 minutes to firm up or up to overnight.
- When ready, bake in preheated oven until mostly cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large cast iron or ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and shallots and cook 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and crushed red pepper, and cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Stir in marinara sauce, reduce heat to medium and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in fresh oregano and parsley.
- Add meatballs to the sauce and cook 2 minutes.
- Tear apart burrata and spread evenly over meatballs and sauce along with the mozzarella.
- Preheat broiler with oven rack in top position.
- Broil meatball mixture until cheese is melted and bubbly, 3-4 minutes.
- Grate fresh parmesan cheese over skillet and garnish with fresh herbs.
- Serve with toasted baguette. Enjoy!
This page contains affiliate links. Meaning, whenever you purchase an item after clicking an Amazon link through this website, we receive a small percentage from Amazon. It doesn’t cost anything extra to you! It simply helps maintain the blog. Thanks so much!