Game day and anytime snacking just got tastier with this Spicy Garlic Ranch Chex Mix. It is downright addictive! You honestly forget how many handfuls you had, so don’t bother counting. It’s a super flavorful blend of spicy, salty, sweetness and crunch! And, it takes just ten minutes of your time before the oven does the rest.
Remember to PIN THIS to save the recipe for later!
How to Make Spicy Garlic Ranch Chex Mix
You’ll get things started by hitting the spice drawer. Dried dill, parsley, chives, garlic and onion powder, s&p, cayenne pepper and sesame seeds make up the spice mixture. If your gang isn’t into the kick from the cayenne, dial it down or omit to make everyone happy.
As far as the chex mix part goes, I combined honey nut chex and rice chex along with mini pretzels, cashews and a couple small bags of parmesan crisps. The crisps come in various flavors so choose whichever you like best. You can also substitute or add Goldfish crackers, Cheez-Its, pretzel sticks or other small-square cereal.
Once you have the chex mix ingredients in a large bowl, you’ll drizzle over a blend of melted butter, Worcestershire and honey. Toss until evenly coated, then add the spices and toss again until well distributed. Try to spread the mixture into as much of a single layer as you can, and use two rimmed, baking sheets if needed. Then in the oven they go!
Low and slow is the way to go to get that crispy, buttery, baked-in flavor of the spices. This Spicy Garlic Ranch Chex Mix can be served when cool enough to handle and stays fresh for days when stored in a resealable bag or airtight container. Pour yourself a cold one when ready and dig in! Cheers, friends!!🍻
More Game Day Inspo!
- French Onion Smashed Potato Bites
- Hot Cheesy Crab Dip
- Honey Roasted Pear & Brie Flatbread
- Sheet Pan Buffalo Chicken Nachos
- Heirloom Tomato & Goat Cheese Flatbread
- Asian Meatball Sliders w/ Spiced Pickles
- Baked Sweet Potato Chips w/ Avocado Lime Dip
- Prosciutto Wrapped Marsala Glazed Shrimp
Spicy Garlic Ranch Chex Mix
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon each of dried dill, dried chives, garlic powder, onion powder and sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper, adjust to taste
- 3 cups Honey Oat Chex Cereal
- 3 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 2 cups mini pretzels
- 1 ½ cups roasted unsalted cashews or mixed nuts
- 3 ounces parmesan crisps, any flavor
- 8 tablespoons salted butter (1 stick), melted
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the parsley, dill, chives, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together the Chex cereals, pretzels, nuts, and parmesan crisps.
- In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter, Worcestershire sauce and honey.
- Pour liquids over cereal mixture and gently stir until well coated.
- Add spices to the moistened cereal mixture and stir until spice mixture is evenly distributed.
- Divide the Chex mix between two parchment-lined, rimmed baking sheets and spread evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes until crisp, stirring twice during baking.
- Let cool a few minutes before serving, and let cool completely before storing in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag. Store at room temperature.
- Snack mix will last up to 5 days. Makes about 9 cups.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
This page contains affiliate links. Meaning, whenever you purchase an item after clicking an Amazon link through this website, we receive a small percentage from Amazon. It doesn’t cost anything extra to you! It simply helps maintain the blog. Thanks so much!