Weeknights and casual entertaining just got easier with this delicious Sheet Pan Roasted Halibut with green beans and mushrooms. On the table in 30 minutes and gluten-free!
Remember to PIN THIS to save the recipe for later!
Why You'll Love this Recipe
Halibut is a close second to salmon when it comes to my favorite fish. It has a mild, sweet flavor similar to cod but a bit firmer in texture, yet flaky and tender.
Halibut is incredibly versatile. It can be roasted, broiled, grilled, fried, sautéed, and poached. A note of caution, however, it's a lean fish with little oil so it can overcook quickly.
In this recipe, we pour a blend of olive oil and sesame oil with lemon juice and zest over the fish and vegetables. The coating not only adds flavor, it helps keep the halibut moist when roasting.
Try to buy fillets 1 – 1 ½ inches thick. When I've ended up with fillets of varying thickness, I'll give the thicker ones a 3-minute head start in a separate baking pan. This way the thinner fillets and vegetables don't overcook.
The halibut should be opaque in the center and flake when done. The mushrooms will be soft, and the green beans crisp tender. Our Cilantro Pistachio Pesto completes the dish. Enjoy!!
More Fish Recipes to Try!
- Sheet Pan Roasted Salmon & Broccoli
- Halibut Broccolini & Zucchini Packets
- Sautéed Caramelized Salmon
- Fish Tacos Al Pastor w/ Pineapple Salsa
- Fish Leek & Potato Chowder with Saffron
- Marinated Ahi Tuna Tacos
- Cod Fennel & Asparagus Packets
Sheet Pan Roasted Halibut
- 4 halibut fillets, about 1 ¾ - 2 lbs
- 1 lb green beans
- 10 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thickly sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Homemade or store-bought pesto
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange halibut, green beans, and mushrooms on a large, rimmed baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, sesame oil, lemon juice, zest, salt, and pepper. Pour over fish and vegetables; toss green beans and mushrooms to coat.
- Roast until halibut is opaque in the center and green beans are crisp-tender, about 10-15 minutes (10 min for 1-inch thick fillets; 15 min if 1 ½-inches thick).
- Serve fish and vegetables with Cilantro Pistachio Pesto, if desired. Enjoy!
This page contains affiliate links. Meaning, whenever you purchase an item after clicking an Amazon link through this website, we receive a small percentage from Amazon. It doesn’t cost anything extra to you! It simply helps maintain the blog. Thanks so much!