To reaffirm my affinity for an off-the-chart delish and nutrish fish, check out this Roasted Salmon and Broccoli with Soy-Mustard glaze. It’s on the table in 35 minutes start to finish, and served straight from the sheet pan. Tasty, stress-free cooking plus easy clean-up. A win-win!!
If there’s ever a dinner that can replace the temptation of ordering out, this is it, well, especially if your a salmon fan. You can totally substitute other fish too. Sheet pan dinners catch our attention more often than not these days, and this one is definitely worth your time.
Making Perfect Sheet Pan Roasted Salmon and Broccoli
- Buy fresh vegetables – we used broccoli cut into large florets combined with chopped red bell pepper. Asparagus, red onion, snap peas, zucchini are great ideas, too!
- On an extra-large sheet pan, drizzle a blend of olive oil, soy sauce, and sesame oil over veggies, along with a healthy pinch of ground pepper. Then, give these beauties a roasting head start.
- While veggies get happy in the oven, combine salmon glaze ingredients.
- When the broccoli and pepper take a break from the heat, nestle in fresh, thick salmon fillets and coat with your glorious glaze.
- Roast another 10 minutes or so, and voilà! Serve right from the sheet pan!!
Here are more mouthwatering salmon and fish recipes on the lighter side!
- Halibut Broccolini & Zucchini Packets
- Sautéed Caramelized Salmon
- Fish Tacos Al Pastor w/ Pineapple Salsa
- Fish Leek & Potato Chowder with Saffron
- Marinated Ahi Tuna Tacos
- Smoked Salmon Spinach Salad w/ Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
- Cod Fennel & Asparagus Packets
Remember to PIN THIS to save the recipe for later!
Essential kitchen tools used
- Extra-large rimmed sheet pan
- 7-inch Santoku Knife – a sharp knife makes chopping a breeze
- BPA-free Cutting Boards
Sheet Pan Roasted Salmon and Broccoli with Soy Mustard Glaze
- 2 lbs broccoli, cut into medium florets
- 1 large red or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons honey, divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Creole or stone ground mustard
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 4 salmon fillets, 7-8 ounces each, 1 ¼ – 1 ½ inches thick
- Garnish: Lemon slices, chopped green onion, and parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Spread broccoli and bell pepper on pan. Drizzle olive oil, 3 tablespoons soy sauce, sesame oil and 2 teaspoons honey over vegetables. Sprinkle with ground pepper.
- Roast 15-16 minutes until broccoli and pepper start to brown at the edges. Stir halfway through cooking time.
- While veggies roast, make the glaze. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, Dijon and Creole mustards, remaining tablespoon of soy sauce, remaining teaspoon of honey, lemon zest and juice. Whisk until smooth. Season to taste with ground pepper.
- When broccoli and peppers come out of the oven, give them another toss on the pan and maintain oven temperature.
- Nestle salmon fillets skin side down with the vegetables. Pour glaze evenly over the salmon. Roast 8-10 minutes, or until salmon is almost cooked through.
- Set oven to broil to brown tops of fillets, 2 minutes. Serve right from sheet pan with lemon slices, chopped green onion, and parsley, if desired. Enjoy!
*Adapted from Molly Gilbert’s Sheet Pan Suppers. Republished post with updated photos.