Weeknight dinners just became easier and tastier with these sweet n’ spicy Sheet Pan Adobo Chicken Fajitas! Super flavorful, tender and juicy chicken strips along with charred peppers and onions wrapped in toasty tortillas is a 30-minute recipe you’ll have on repeat.
Whipping up sheet pan dinners is one of my favorite ways to cook and we’re always up for Mexican food. And I certainly don’t mind kicking up the spice on these cold, blustery days. Plus these Sheet Pan Adobo Chicken Fajitas are perfect for meal prepping and easily packed up for lunch during the week.
Remember to PIN A PHOTO to save the recipe for later!
How to Make Sheet Pan Adobo Chicken Fajitas
To get this sheet pan fiesta started, get the chicken coated in the five-ingredient marinade. The adobo sauce brings the heat and honey brings the sweet. Smoked paprika and cumin add more earthy depth of flavor, and a splash of olive oil blends it all together for a glistening sheen. Once the chicken is happily marinating, chop the onion and peppers. I used two bell peppers and one poblano, but you can certainly add a jalapeno as well depending on your fam’s heat tolerance.
Tip: To save even more time, prep the chicken and chop the veggies the night before cooking.😉
Next, simply spread the chicken in a single layer on one half of an extra-large sheet pan, and place the peppers and onion on the other half. Drizzle some olive oil and sprinkle s&p on the veggies, toss, and pop in the oven. So easy!
After baking for 10 minutes, I stirred in a healthy tablespoon of minced garlic into the peppers and onion, and baked for 10 minutes more until the chicken was cooked through and the veggies began to char. While the fajita mixture is in the oven, you can warm or grill the tortillas and get your toppings ready.
Now it’s time for some seriously delicious fajitas! I kept things simple with toppings this time around, opting for just some avocado, lime wedges, fresh cilantro, shredded queso blanco cheese, and sliced fresno peppers🔥 for the more daring members of the family. Go with whatever your gang likes best and enjoy!! xo, Kim
More Quick & Easy Mexican Favorites
It doesn’t have to be Cinco de Mayo to enjoy Mexican. You’ll love these recipes year-round!
- Roasted Chicken Verde Taquitos
- Tequila Lime Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Poblano Salsa
- Slow Cooker Ancho Chile Short Rib Tacos
- Mexican Chicken Tortilla Skillet
- Fish Tacos Al Pastor with Grilled Pineapple Salsa
AND More Sheet Pan Recipes
These are recipes meant to be enjoyed any night of the week!
- Roasted Salmon & Broccoli with Soy-Mustard Glaze
- Herb and Peach Glazed Chicken with Sweet Potatoes & Red Onion
- Roasted Halibut with Green Beans and Shiitakes
- Buffalo Chicken Nachos
- Cod Asparagus & Fennel Packets
- Spice-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Balsamic Glazed Root Vegetables
Sheet Pan Adobo Chicken Fajitas
- Extra-large sheet pan
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 bell peppers (red, yellow or orange), thinly sliced
- 1 poblano pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- juice of 1 lime, plus wedges for serving
- 8-10 flour or corn tortillas, grilled or warmed in oven
- Toppings: shredded queso blanco or cheddar cheese, sliced avocado, fresh cilantro and lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix the adobo, 1 tablespoon olive oil, honey, cumin and salt until well combined.
- Slice the chicken crosswise into ½-inch strips. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Pour the adobo mixture over the chicken strips and toss gently until evenly coated. (Can be prepped a day before cooking. Cover and chill.)
- Transfer the chicken to one half of a large sheet pan and spread in an even layer.
- Place the pepper and onion slices on the other half of the pan. Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss vegetables to combine.
- Place sheet pan in preheated oven and bake 10 minutes.
- Stir garlic into vegetables and bake 10 more until chicken is cooked through and vegetables start to char.
- Remove pan from oven, squeeze lime juice over and toss everything together.
- To serve, pile chicken fajita mixture onto tortillas and top with suggestions above as desired. Enjoy!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
This page contains affiliate links. Meaning, whenever you purchase an item after clicking an Amazon link through this website, we receive a small percentage from Amazon. It doesn’t cost anything extra to you! It simply helps maintain the blog. Thanks so much!