Frosty Citrus Margaritas! A grown up blend of tequila, Grand Marnier, orange and lime juice, coconut milk and ice. A creamy, dairy-free twist to the classic Mexican cocktail that will bring plenty of cheer!
Rember to PIN THIS to save the recipe for later!
Cheers to Margaritas in Winter!
Usually we think of cooling off with margaritas during those hot summer months, but this creamy, citrusy twist is perfect this time of year. They will certainly warm you up from the inside out.
I've been making the most of these satsuma mandarins while they're around, as in my last post Orange & Honey Glazed Shrimp.
Gotta love these sweet, seedless gems and their bright flesh. Nonetheless, you can use whatever variety of orange you like!
These frosty cocktails come together quickly with all ingredients whipping up in a high-powered blender. All you have to do is sugar-coat the glass rims, pour, and garnish to your hearts delight.
Hope you're safely enjoying the spirit of the holiday season. Cheers, friends!! xo
Delicious and Festive Appetizers to go with your Cocktails!
French Onion Smashed Potato Bites
Honey Roasted Pear & Brie Flatbread
Roasted Butternut Squash & Goat Cheese Flatbread
Before you go, stay in touch on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook, and subscribe above to join our email community for all the latest updates!
Frosty Citrus Margaritas
- 14- ounce can lite coconut milk
- 8 ounces silver tequila
- 6 ounces Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur
- ⅓ cup fresh orange juice
- ⅓ cup fresh lime juice
- 3 cups ice
- Orange or lime wedges for rimming glasses
- Granulated sugar for rimming glasses on a plate
- Orange and lime slices for garnish
- Sprigs of thyme or rosemary for garnish
- Combine coconut milk, tequila, orange liqueur, orange and lime juice, and ice in a high-powered blender.
- Begin on low at first and increase speed gradually. Blend until smooth.
- Rub orange or lime wedges around rims of 6 margarita glasses and dip in sugar.
- Pour the margarita mixture into the glasses. Garnish with orange and lime slices and sprigs of thyme or rosemary. Cheers!
This page contains affiliate links. Meaning, whenever you purchase an item after clicking an Amazon link through this website, we receive a small percentage from Amazon. It doesn’t cost anything extra to you! It simply helps maintain the blog. Thanks so much!
This totally reminds me of Orange Julius, minus the alcohol! So creamy and bright tasting! Save me a glass 🙂
Kim Peterson says
Will do! Thanks Michelle!