Hope everyone who celebrated had a wonderful Christmas! Are you still full? Craving something lighter? This Smoked Salmon Spinach Salad loaded with fennel, cucumber, red onion, sweet mango, creamy avocado and goat cheese dressed in a tangy, lemony dijon vinaigrette with fresh dill is a perfect solution!
Remember to PIN THIS to save the recipe for later!
What You'll Need...
This is such a great entrée salad to balance our indulgences and is jam-packed with flavor and texture. It comes together quickly, and slicing is a cinch when using an easy-to-clean handheld mandoline slicer like the one shown below.
Simply set the dial to the desired thickness and slice away. Just be careful when you get near the end. You want to keep those fingertips intact!
The vinaigrette whips up in minutes as well. It's a tasty blend of white wine vinegar, lemon zest and juice, dijon mustard, fresh dill, and extra-virgin olive oil. So easy!
All of the flavors combine deliciously into one beautiful and healthy salad that's ready in less than 30 minutes. Mound high on a plate, grab a fork, and enjoy!
More Salmon and Fish Recipes!
- BLT Salmon Burgers w/ Avocado Chive Aioli
- Halibut Broccolini & Zucchini Packets
- Sautéed Caramelized Salmon
- Fish Tacos Al Pastor w/ Pineapple Salsa
- Marinated Ahi Tuna Tacos
- Cod Fennel & Asparagus Packets
Smoked Salmon Spinach Salad with Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1 lemon , zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh dill , chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper , to taste
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 4 ounces smoked salmon or lox , thinly sliced and cut into pieces
- 1 small fennel bulb , thinly sliced and cut into pieces
- ½ English cucumber , sliced ⅛-inch thick
- ½ red onion , sliced ⅛-inch thick
- 1 ripe mango , peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 ripe avocado , cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2-3 ounces goat cheese , crumbled
- In a medium bowl, combine the lemon zest, juice, vinegar, dill and mustard. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together spinach, salmon, fennel, cucumber, red onion, mango, avocado, and goat cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss with enough dressing to coat; do not soak. Mound the salad on individual plates. Pass remaining vinaigrette separately.
*Recipe adapted from Bobby Flay. Republished post with updated photos.
This page contains affiliate links. Meaning, whenever you purchase an item after clicking an Amazon link through this website, we receive a small percentage from Amazon. It doesn’t cost anything extra to you! It simply helps maintain the blog. Thanks so much!