Hope everyone who celebrated had a wonderful Christmas! Are you still full? Craving something lighter? This Smoked Salmon Spinach Salad loaded with fennel, cucumber, red onion, sweet mango, creamy avocado and goat cheese dressed in a tangy, lemony dijon vinaigrette with fresh dill is a perfect solution!
We enjoyed a mouthwatering slow-roasted beef tenderloin (will make again to post well before Valentine’s Day, promise) for dinner last night with umpteen sides and a crazy number of desserts.
Needless to say, lighter meals will be on the docket before the next round of gatherings this weekend.
How to Make Smoked Salmon Spinach Salad
This is such a great entrée salad to balance our indulgences and is jam-packed with flavor and texture. It comes together quickly, and slicing is a cinch when using an easy-to-clean handheld mandoline slicer like the one shown below.
Simply set the dial to the desired thickness and slice away. Just be careful when you get near the end. You want to keep those fingertips intact!
The vinaigrette whips up in minutes as well. It’s a tasty blend of white wine vinegar, lemon zest and juice, dijon mustard, fresh dill, and extra-virgin olive oil. So easy!
All of the flavors combine deliciously into one beautiful and healthy salad that’s ready in less than 30 minutes. Mound high on a plate, grab a fork, and enjoy!
Check out these other Mouthwatering Salmon and Fish recipes!
- Sheet Pan Roasted Salmon & Broccoli
- Halibut Broccolini & Zucchini Packets
- Sautéed Caramelized Salmon
- Fish Tacos Al Pastor w/ Pineapple Salsa
- Fish Leek & Potato Chowder with Saffron
- Marinated Ahi Tuna Tacos
- Cod Fennel & Asparagus Packets
Remember to PIN THIS to save the recipe for later!
Essential Kitchen Tools
This page contains affiliate links. Meaning, whenever you purchase an item after clicking an Amazon link through this website, we receive a small percentage from Amazon. It doesn’t cost anything extra to you! It simply helps maintain the blog. Thanks so much!
Smoked Salmon Spinach Salad with Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 heaping tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 4 ounces smoked salmon or lox, thinly sliced and cut into pieces
- 1 small fennel bulb, sliced ⅛-inch thick
- ½ of an English cucumber, sliced ⅛-inch thick
- ½ of a medium red onion, sliced ⅛-inch thick
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2-3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- In a medium bowl, combine the lemon zest, juice, vinegar, dill and mustard. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside. (Can be made ahead. Cover and refrigerate up to 5 days.)
- In a large bowl, toss together spinach, salmon, fennel, cucumber, red onion, mango, avocado, and goat cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss with enough dressing to coat; do not soak. Mound the salad on individual plates. Pass remaining vinaigrette separately.
*Recipe adapted from Bobby Flay. Republished post with updated photos.