This heavily garnished Cucumber Lime Bloody Mary is a cool, citrusy twist on the classic, spicy cocktail! But, have no fear. There's still plenty of spice along with the freshness from the cucumber-lime infused vodka. Crazy delish and easily made as a mocktail!
Remember to PIN THIS to save the recipe for later!
And speaking of garnish... I think that's what ultimately allures us to this Sunday brunch staple. You can go hog wild. Bacon, shrimp, crab, caprese-style, fruit frenzy, you name it! And then there's the mother of all garnishes - LOBSTER.
Yep, the most elaborate Bloody Mary I've ever met came with a skewer of succulent lobster, thanks to the creative bartenders at White Elephant in Nantucket.
Creating the Ultimate Bloody Mary
No surprise I believe a solid Bloody Mary should also double as an off-the-chart appetizer. I oven roasted bacon to crisp perfection and seared well-seasoned shrimp for subtle indulgence. A tomato-mozzarella-olive skewer enhanced color and flavor even more.
Additional Items for your Bloody Mary Bar
- Lots of ice on hand
- Infused vodka, or SVEDKA
- Prepared horseradish
- Worcestershire sauce
- Hot sauce
- Cooked shrimp, lobster or crabmeat
- Crispy bacon or beef jerky
- Celery stalks
- Lime, lemon or orange wedges
- Sliced cucumber
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh mozzarella
- Fresh herbs
- Extra Old Bay seasoning
Decorating a Bloody Mary brings joy like decorating the Christmas tree but you get to drink AND eat it! Happy New Year!!
Appetizer Ideas to go with your Bloody Mary Bar!
Cucumber Lime Bloody Mary
- 1 ½ cups vodka , high-quality
- ¼ English cucumber , thinly sliced
- 1 lime , cut into thin wedges
- 2 cups pure tomato juice
- 2 cups Clamato (clam and tomato juice)
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, or to taste
- For glass rims: lime wedges, old bay seasoning, kosher or sea salt, black pepper
- Garnishes: celery stalks, seared shrimp, crispy bacon, cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella balls, olives, thinly sliced cucumber, lime, lemon and orange wedges
- In a glass measuring cup or small pitcher, combine the vodka, cucumber and lime. Cover and chill at least 4 hours or up to 3 days.
- In a large pitcher, stir together the tomato juice, Clamato juice, orange juice, lime juice, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, old bay seasoning, and hot sauce. Make sure all ingredients are cold.
- On a small plate or shallow bowl, combine enough old bay seasoning with a couple pinches of salt and a few turns of the peppermill to cover the rims of the glasses.
- To serve, run a lime wedge around each glass rim, then dip into the seasoning mix.
- Add ice to each glass. Pour 1-2 ounces of cucumber-lime vodka over the ice. Fill the rest of the glass with Bloody Mary mix. Stir to combine with a celery stalk.
- Taste, and if too spicy, add a little more orange juice. Skewer garnishes as desired with the above suggestions. Cheers!
This page contains affiliate links. Meaning, whenever you purchase an item after clicking an Amazon link through this website, we receive a small percentage from Amazon. It doesn’t cost anything extra to you! It simply helps maintain the blog. Thanks so much!