Pasta with Sausage and Fall Veggies is a delicious recipe of linguine twirled with caramelized peppers, onions and mushrooms with zesty turkey sausage and prosciutto in a dairy-free, creamy white wine Dijon sauce!
Remember to PIN THIS to save the recipe for later!
Key Ingredients & Substitutions
Gather your favorite vegetables and pasta shape of choice. I leaned heavily into bell peppers here complemented by mushrooms and red onion. Butternut squash is a great option too. If ground turkey isn't your thing, you can always sub in ground pork, beef or chicken.
You'll see from the recipe, basically, everyone gets their turn in the skillet and brought together at the end for culinary nirvana. The veggies get things started.
The garlic, dijon, and wine give the sauce so much flavor!
Fresh sage and thyme bring in the finishing touch along with a generous grating of fresh parm.
Linguine or spaghetti are the best noodles to cling on to all that deliciousness and stand tall with the heartiness of the dish. But, hey, there are no rules here. Dig into what you and your gang love most! Cheers, friends!
More Favorite Skillet Recipes to Try!
Pasta with Sausage and Fall Veggies in a White Wine Dijon Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil , divided
- 12 ounces Italian turkey sausage , casings removed
- 4 ounces prosciutto , chopped
- 3 bell peppers (red, orange, yellow or mixed), sliced into strips
- 1 red onion , thinly sliced
- 1 lemon , halved
- 8 ounces mushrooms , thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic , minced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 12 ounces linguine or spaghetti , cooked al dente
- ¾ cup reserved pasta water
- ½ cup green onions , thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage , chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped , plus extra for garnish
- ½ cup parmesan cheese , freshly grated, plus extra when serving
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a heavy large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook until browned, about 10 minutes. Break up larger pieces with a wooden spoon.
- Transfer cooked sausage to a medium bowl with a slotted spoon. Cover with foil to keep warm. Do not wipe skillet clean.
- Add prosciutto to the skillet. Cook until crisp, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Transfer to bowl with the sausage and cover to keep warm.
- Heat remaining olive oil in the skillet. Add peppers and onions. Season with salt and pepper. Place lemon halves cut side down in the skillet. Cook 5 minutes, stirring the peppers and onions frequently.
- Remove lemon halves from skillet with a pair of tongs. Set aside on a plate.
- Add mushrooms to the skillet with the peppers and onions. Cook until softened, 7-8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic to the vegetables and cook 2 minutes more, stirring frequently.
- Add wine to skillet and let boil 2-3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the chicken broth, mustard, tahini and red pepper flakes together. Add mixture to the skillet and simmer 8-10 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Return sausage and prosciutto to the skillet. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix pasta and reserved pasta liquid into the sauce. Add the green onions, sage, thyme, and parmesan cheese. Heat through for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve from skillet or transfer to a large bowl. Garnish with extra sage and thyme. Pass extra parmesan separately. Enjoy!
*Recipe generously adapted from Bon Appétit, October 1991
This page contains affiliate links. Meaning, whenever you purchase an item after clicking an Amazon link through this website, we receive a small percentage from Amazon. It doesn’t cost anything extra to you! It simply helps maintain the blog. Thanks so much!