This 5 Minute Spinach Walnut Pesto is another delicious way to get your greens! It’s a put-on-everything sauce – vegetables, steak, chicken, chops, pasta, seafood, eggs, pizza, you name it! As the holiday season quickly approaches, having quick and easy, versatile recipes at hand are a must.
Remember to PIN THIS to save the recipe for later!
Making 5 Minute Spinach Walnut Pesto
Pestos are those year-round simple sauces that give whatever you’re pouring it over or drizzling it on a whole new dimension. As long as you’re armed with a quality food processor, you can whiz one of these up in no time.
Fresh baby spinach and fragrant toasted walnuts sync up perfectly with the other pesto usual suspects of basil, parsley, garlic, parmesan and lemon. You can always substitute different greens, herbs and nuts.
The result is a gluten-free, keto-friendly, creamy, nutty, zesty, garlicky sauce that screams fresh flavor. Enjoy!
Here are more Pesto ideas to try!
- Carrot Top Cashew Pesto
- Cilantro Pistachio Pesto
- Basil Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- Kale Pecan Pesto (by Cookie + Kate)
And delicious ways to use them!
- Skillet Breakfast Pesto Pizza
- Four Cheese Veggie & Pesto Stuffed Shells
- Basil Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Tortellini Salad
- Creamy Chicken & Pesto Stuffed Mini Peppers
- Balsamic Roasted Root Vegetables
- Mushroom Gnocchi & Arugula Pesto (by Pinch of Yum)
5 Minute Spinach Walnut Pesto
- 2 ounces baby spinach leaves, about 2 packed cups
- ½ cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and roughly chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add spinach, walnuts, parmesan, parsley, basil, garlic, lemon juice, zest and red pepper flakes to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse a few times to combine mixture.
- Scrape sides with a spatula. With machine running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
- Pulse for desired texture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Makes approximately 1 ¼ cups.
- Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving.
*Republished post with updated photos.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
This page contains affiliate links. Meaning, whenever you purchase an item after clicking an Amazon link through this website, we receive a small percentage from Amazon. It doesn’t cost anything extra to you! It simply helps maintain the blog. Thanks so much!