The Fourth of July is less than a week away and these Slow Cooker Soda Baked Beans are so delicious and easy to make for summer barbecues! They’re sweet and saucy with a little kick and are even better the next day. Plus, you’ll keep the kitchen cool and the heat outside by using your slow cooker.
Remember to PIN THIS to save the recipe for later!
How to Make Slow Cooker Soda Baked Beans
The beauty of this slow cooker recipe is all of the ingredients go in at once, put on the lid, and forget about it. Now you have a good four hours to focus on other things.
This recipe sets itself apart with a quartet of beans, ham, red onion, garlic, and a blend of Coke and Sprite. The sodas, brown sugar, and molasses add the sweet, while cumin, curry powder and pinch of cayenne add the smoke and heat. Dial the spices up or down as you wish, but in the end you’ll have beans steeped in a syrupy, sweet n’ spicy sauce.
After a few hours all of those flavors will have fused deliciously. Baked beans and backyard barbecues go hand-in-hand. Hope you have a fun Fourth planned and staying healthy this summer! xx, Kim
More Favorite Summer Recipes to add to the Menu!
- Summer Crostini Five Ways
- Peachy Caprese Pancetta Stacks
- Grilled Corn w/ Manchego and Lime
- Vegan BBQ Bean Burgers w/ Caramelized Onions
- Grilled Farmers Market Salad w/ Halloumi & Adobo Chicken
- Shrimp & Chicken Skewers w/ Honey Sesame Glaze
- Grilled Cantaloupe & Black Bean Salad
- No Churn Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream
- Skillet Berry Cobbler
- Blueberry Thyme Galette w/ Berry Jam Swirl Ice Cream
Slow Cooker Soda Baked Beans
- 12 ounces cooked ham steak, ½-inch dice
- 1 15- ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 15- ounce can pork and beans, drained
- 1 15- ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15- ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15- ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- ½ cup cola soda
- ½ cup lemon-lime soda
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- Combine all ingredients in a 5-6 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook 4-6 hours* on low.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve. (Can be made a day ahead. Let cool then refrigerate. Rewarm on low before serving.)
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
This page contains affiliate links. Meaning, whenever you purchase an item after clicking an Amazon link through this website, we receive a small percentage from Amazon. It doesn’t cost anything extra to you! It simply helps maintain the blog. Thanks so much!