As fall closes in, this delicious Roasted Chickpea Salad with Avocado and Feta is glossed in a simple, lemony dressing and can be enjoyed year-round! It’s vegetarian and gluten free, perfect for meatless Mondays, potluck gatherings, and whenever there’s a craving. It has a total of 10 ingredients and ready in 30 minutes!
Remember to PIN THIS to save the recipe for later!
The protein-packed chickpeas become nutty and slightly crunchy after roasting with extra depth of flavor and texture.
A simple splash of lemon and olive oil lets the chickpeas, avocado, earthy sun-dried tomatoes, red onion, and crumbled feta speak for themselves. No need to overthink this one!
To get started, toss the chickpeas with olive oil and generous pinches of salt and pepper on a rimmed baking sheet then pop in the oven. In just 15-20 minutes they’ll take on a golden hue. They’re an addictive snack at this point, too!
While the chickpeas are roasting, get the rest of the gang together. Try to add the lemon zest and juice right after cubing the avocado so it doesn’t start to oxidize and turn brown.
Gently combine everyone together when the chickpeas come out of the oven. Add fresh basil, and you’ll have one delish dish! Enjoy!!
More Delicious Plant-Based Recipes to Try!
Roasted Chickpea Salad with Avocado and Feta
- 2 15- ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra if needed
- 2 avocados, cubed
- Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- Salt and pepper
- 10-12 torn basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spread chickpeas on a rimmed baking sheet and pat dry. Toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven until golden and slightly crunchy, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine avocado with lemon zest and juice. Add red onion, sun-dried tomatoes, and feta. Lightly toss to combine.
- Add warm chickpeas to avocado mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add a little olive oil if seems dry.
- Fold in basil. Serve warm, room temp, or chilled. (Can be made 3 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
*Recipe generously adapted from Fine Cooking, April/May 2017