Get on board with easy entertaining and this Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta Cheese Board! It's a delicious display of heirloom tomatoes with an assortment of Italian cheeses, charcuterie, toasted baguette, grapes and more!
Remember to PIN THIS to save this creation for later!
Fall officially starts tomorrow so I had to sneak in one more late summer heirloom tomato recipe. Our local farmers will be bringing these beauties to the market until the first frost. Hopefully that won't happen in our area until at least mid-October. And until that chilling event takes place, you can bet there will be a lot of tomato enjoying going on here.
How to Arrange a Stunning Cheese & Charcuterie Board
Cheese boards are perfect for casual gatherings and let your imagination run free when it comes to assembling. With bruschetta as the featured item here, I stuck with more of an Italian theme when it came to selecting the cheese and charcuterie. Here are some ideas to choose from and be sure to check out our Weekend Snacking Board for more inspiration.
- Creamy gorgonzola
- Fresh mozzarella
- Goat cheese
Charcuterie (Meat) Ideas
Other Key Ingredients & Substitutions
- Bread - after all, you need a foundation on which to build your tasty cheese board combo. Choose a baguette or crackers that will hold your toppings.
- Fruit - grapes, figs, strawberries, apple slices are just a few ideas. Pick what your gang likes best and what's in season.
- Spreads - having something a little sweet to balance the saltiness of the cheese and meats is a delicious touch. Honey, fig spread, onion jam, or orange marmalade would do the trick.
- Olives, Nuts and Dried Fruit - add visual interest, texture, and perfectly complement the rest of the lineup.
+ More Tomato Featured Recipes
Heirloom Tomato & Goat Cheese Flatbread
Blistered Cherry Tomato & Grape Galette
Spinach & Leek Frittata w/ Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
Roasted Corn & Heirloom Tomato Gazpacho
Before you go, stay in touch on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook, and subscribe above to join our email community for all the latest updates! Cheers!!
Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta Cheese Board
- 2 ½ cups heirloom tomatoes , chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil , divided
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ tablespoon honey
- 8 basil leaves , torn or thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 loaf baguette bread
- 1 pound Assorted cheeses , such as burrata, gorgonzola and parmesan
- 1 pound Assorted charcuterie , such as prosciutto and salami
- 1 pound Grapes or other fruit
- ½ cup Olives
- ⅓ cup Sun-dried tomatoes , oil-packed
- Caramelized nuts
- Honey or fig jam
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, vinegar, honey and basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer bruschetta to a serving bowl.
- Preheat broiler on high. Slice baguette on a diagonal about ½-inch thick and place on a baking sheet.
- Brush remaining olive oil on bread slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil 2-3 minutes until golden. Be sure to watch carefully as bread burns quickly!
- On a large cutting board or serving platter, arrange the bruschetta and toasted baguette with the cheeses, meats, grapes, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, nuts, and honey (or jam). Enjoy!
Cheese board arranging tips:
- Start with a focal point, like the bruschetta, and build from there
- Include bread or crackers
- Depending on the size of your board, try to include at least 3 different cheeses and meats (if not trying to stay vegetarian)
- Balance sweet fruit with something salty or briny, like olives and oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- Finish with honey or a fruit spread and your favorite nuts
This page contains affiliate links. Meaning, whenever you purchase an item after clicking an Amazon link through this website, we receive a small percentage from Amazon. It doesn’t cost anything extra to you! It simply helps maintain the blog. Thanks so much!
Leave a Reply