Nutty Irishman Cheesecake Swirled Brownies!! Perfect for St. Paddy’s Day, and whenever you’re craving the luscious blend of Bailey’s Irish Cream and hazelnut-flavored Frangelico lurking in fudgy, dark chocolate and smooth cream cheese. Decadence is a must every once in a while. 🙂
Pulling these brownies together is a cinch when using your favorite brownie mix. Yep, I said it. Just use a mix! While I’ve made plenty of brownies from scratch, I get the highest accolades when grabbing a box of Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate.
If you prefer a fudgy brownie over their cakier counterparts, this mix is for you. Ghirardelli nailed it, and who am I to complain. Life just got easier.
I basically prepare the brownie as instructed then spike it with Bailey’s and Frangelico. The cheesecake mixture also gets a dose of the delicious cocktail duo to ensure that Irish cream and hazelnut liqueur mingle in every bite.
Sprinkle a good handful of chocolate chips over the swirled batter to make everyone even happier.
In less than an hour you’ll have super-moist, rich brownies with the complementary texture and flavor of spiked cheesecake swirls. These irresistible beauties can be made ahead and are freezer friendly. Enjoy!!
Here are more mouthwatering desserts to satisfy any sweet tooth!
- Soft Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Nutella Stuffed Brownie Cupcakes w/ Baileys Buttercream Frosting
- Dark Chocolate Fondue Bar
- Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes
- Mocha Midnight Crackles
- Orange French Macarons w/ Chocolate Raspberry Buttercream
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Crumb Bars
- Spiced Mocha Lava Cakes
Remember to PIN THIS to save the recipe for later!
Essential Tools Used in the Recipe
This page contains affiliate links. Meaning, whenever you purchase an item after clicking an Amazon link through this website, we receive a small percentage from Amazon. It doesn’t cost anything extra to you! It simply helps maintain the blog. Thanks so much!
Nutty Irishman Cheesecake Swirled Brownies
- 1 20-ounce package Ghiradelli Brownie Mix (I used Triple Chocolate)
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 ½ tablespoons Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 1 ½ tablespoons Frangelico (hazelnut liqueur)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 1 tablespoon Frangelico (hazelnut liqueur)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease the bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking pan. Line with a rectangular piece of parchment so there is overhang on two sides. Grease the bottom and sides of parchment as well.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together with a spatula just until combined. Do not overmix. Pour batter into prepared pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, blend the cream cheese, yolk, sugar, Bailey’s, Frangelico, and salt until combined and smooth. Dollop mixture over the brownie batter. Run a sharp knife back and forth to create swirls.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over top. Bake in the center of preheated oven 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Allow brownies to cool completely on a rack. Brownies can be made 3 days ahead. Wrap well and refrigerate, or can be frozen up to 3 months.
*Republished post with updated recipe and photos.