Celebrating Valentine’s Day with this Dark Chocolate Fondue Bar! Get dipping into this luxuriously smooth, rich dark chocolate fondue with a variety of delicious treats. Dipping items include fruit and other sweet n’ salty favorites. So easy to make and even better to enjoy!
Remember to PIN THIS to save the Recipe for Later!
How to Make Chocolate Fondue
This fondue is super easy and all of five ingredients (who counts salt). The chocolate and cream serve as the base with a pinch salt, some cinnamon, a good dose of vanilla, and a splash of liqueur.
I used Kahlua for a hint of coffee flavor, but you can use whatever your heart desires. Grand Marnier, Amaretto, Frangelico, Baileys, dark rum or brandy are solid choices. Want to skip the booze? Flavored extracts are a great substitute.
Also, variations of spice include espresso powder, nutmeg, allspice, and cardamom depending on what you like.
Setting Up a Chocolate Fondue Bar
When it comes to setting up assorted dipping items, have a variety of fruit, sweets and something salty to make everyone’s taste buds super happy.
Sweets: pound cake, angel food cake, brownies, chocolate chip cookies, toasted marshmallows, graham crackers, rice krispie treats, quick breads
Fruit: strawberries, blackberries, bananas, oranges, pineapple, cherries, pears, grapes, mango
Salty: small pretzel rods, potato chips, peanut brittle, granola bars
Hope you have a blast creating a mouthwatering Dark Chocolate Fondue Bar your gang will be swarming over. And if you still have a long-forgotten fondue pot hanging around, go find it. You’ll be glad you did. Happy Valentine’s Day! xx, Kim
More Mouthwatering Desserts
- Fall Spiced Mocha Lava Cakes
- Soft Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes
- Mocha Midnight Crackles
- Orange French Macarons w/ Chocolate Raspberry Buttercream
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Crumb Bars
- Nutty Irishman Cheesecake Swirled Brownies
Dark Chocolate Fondue Bar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pound semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon liqueur of choice (I used Kahlua)
- Dipping suggestions: assorted fruit, cubed pound cake, toasted marshmallows, graham crackers and pretzels
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cream, vanilla, salt and cinnamon. Heat over medium heat until the mixture just barely simmers.
- Turn heat to low and stir in the chopped chocolate. Continue to stir until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Stir in liqueur.
- Pour chocolate mixture into a fondue pot and light the heating source underneath. Keep the flame low so the fondue stays smooth but doesn’t burn.
- Arrange assorted sweets, fruits and pretzels around the fondue. Have fondue skewers and long toothpicks ready. Enjoy!
This page contains affiliate links. Meaning, whenever you purchase an item after clicking an Amazon link through this website, we receive a small percentage from Amazon. It doesn’t cost anything extra to you! It simply helps maintain the blog. Thanks so much!