We’re down to the Sweet 16 and you’ll get nothing but cheers serving these Chorizo and Baby Potato Skewers with Roasted Garlic Crème during March Madness. A hearty, gluten-free appetizer (or dinner!) layered with bold flavors that’s an all-star for any get-together.
This is actually a re-do of the post I published right around this time in 2017 that was in dire need of being rephotographed. I cringe at those earlier photos but they serve as a good reminder of what I was capable of at the time and what I’ve learned since then. If you’re curious to see the difference in that earlier image compared to now, it’s waaayyyy down on my Instagram feed. I leave them there as a measure of progress and can’t help but wonder what in the world I was thinking!?
Remember to PIN THIS to save the recipe for later!
Chorizo and Baby Potato Skewers
These skewers are so scrump it was worth taking the time to give the post new life with new images. They have big flavor, bright color, and can be made ahead. Bonus!
The potatoes add yummy texture and balance the spice of the chorizo and the sweetness of the bell peppers. I also included a couple poblanos for just a subtle hint of heat. Roasting the veggies and chorizo on a couple large sheet pans makes life super easy. I piled everything onto one for photo purposes.?
The skewers are super tasty on their own, but this make-ahead Roasted Garlic Crème is hard to resist. It’s no secret I’m a huge fan of roasted garlic, and this was another opportunity to enjoy it again. You don’t need the entire head for the recipe. I like having extra on hand just to schmear on some crusty bread. So good!
The dip also combines tangy crème fraiche, Greek yogurt, and is brightened with fresh lime and cilantro. A perfect complement for the skewers, and even a delicious spread on sandwiches and tacos.
Best of luck in the remaining March Madness games, and may your brackets be unbroken! Enjoy, friends!!
Be sure to check out more super delish snacking recipes!
- Mexican Pizza w/ Salsa Verde & Chorizo
- Honey Roasted Pear & Brie Flatbread
- Roasted Butternut Squash & Goat Cheese Flatbread
- Baked Sweet Potato Chips w/ Avocado Lime Dip
- Prosciutto Wrapped Marsala Glazed Shrimp
- Blistered Cherry Tomato & Grape Galette
- Sheet Pan Buffalo Chicken Nachos
If you make these Chorizo and Baby Potato Skewers, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys! And of course, if you make this recipe, don’t forget to snap a pic and tag me on Instagram!
This page contains affiliate links. Meaning, whenever you purchase an item after clicking an Amazon link through this website, we receive a small percentage from Amazon. It doesn’t cost anything extra to you! It simply helps maintain the blog. Thanks so much!
Chorizo and Baby Potato Skewers with Roasted Garlic Crème
- 1 ½ pounds assorted baby potatoes, cut into 40 ¼-inch slices
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 40 ¾-inch pieces
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cut into 40 ¾-inch pieces
- 2 poblano peppers, cut into 40 ½-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 lime, halved
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces chorizo, cut into ¼-inch slices
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 20 6- inch bamboo skewers
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
Roasted Garlic Crème
- 6-7 roasted garlic cloves*
- ⅓ cup crème fraiche
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Kosher alt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place the potatoes on a large, rimmed baking sheet in a single layer. Place the peppers and onion on another large, rimmed baking sheet along with the halved lime.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil over potatoes, and the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over the vegetables. Sprinkle both baking sheets generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast both trays for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Place chorizo on a medium sheet pan and bake at same temperature for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through. Or, you can brown the slices in a skillet on the stove.
- Squeeze the roasted lime halves evenly over the potatoes, peppers and onion, and chorizo.
- Once the vegetables and chorizo are cool enough to handle, skewer 2 of each item onto the bamboo skewers, alternating with fresh cilantro and parsley leaves, as desired.
- Rewarm assembled skewers in a low oven if needed or microwave.
- Serve with Roasted Garlic Crème.
Roasted Garlic Crème
- In a small bowl, mash the garlic cloves into a paste.
- Add the crème fraiche, yogurt, lime zest and juice. Whisk until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.)