The Masters gets into full swing today, and whether you’re a golf fan or not, these Chorizo and Baby Potato Skewers with Roasted Garlic Crème will earn top scores. A hearty, gluten-free appetizer, that can easily become dinner, is layered with bold flavors that’s perfect for any game day or get-together.
Remember to PIN THIS to save the recipe for later!
How to Make these Skewers
The ingredients are simply roasted and skewered, making them a delicious and super easy app that can be prepped ahead and rewarmed. This is basically a sheet pan recipe where roasting commences, is simple to put together and a cinch to clean up. There’s a blend of bold flavors and textures with the creaminess of the potatoes and spicy char on the chorizo to balance the sweet tenderness of the peppers. I also included a couple poblano peppers in addition to the bells for another subtle hint of heat.
The skewers hold their own in deliciousness, but this make-ahead Roasted Garlic Crème puts things over the top. It’s no secret I’m a huge fan of roasted garlic, and whipping up this dip was a no-brainer. You don’t need the entire head for the recipe. I like having extra on hand just to schmear on some crusty bread. So good! The dip also combines tangy crème fraiche, Greek yogurt, and is brightened with fresh lime and cilantro. A perfect complement for the skewers, and even a delicious spread for sandwiches, burgers and tacos.
To serve, spread some of the Garlic Crème on a plate, layer the skewers on top with a squeeze of lime and extra cilantro or parsley. Keep some of the extra crème on the side to pass separately. Hope you enjoy! Cheers for now!! xx, Kim
More Super Delish Snacking Recipes
Chorizo and Baby Potato Skewers with Roasted Garlic Crème
- 1 ½ pounds assorted baby potatoes, cut into 40 ¼-inch slices
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 40 ¾-inch pieces
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cut into 40 ¾-inch pieces
- 2 poblano peppers, cut into 40 ½-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 lime, halved
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces chorizo, cut into ¼-inch slices
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 20 6- inch bamboo skewers
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
Roasted Garlic Crème
- 6-7 roasted garlic cloves*
- ⅓ cup crème fraiche
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Kosher alt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place the potatoes on a large, rimmed baking sheet in a single layer. Place the peppers and onion on another large, rimmed baking sheet along with the halved lime.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil over potatoes, and the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over the vegetables. Sprinkle both baking sheets generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast both trays for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Place chorizo on a medium sheet pan and bake at same temperature for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through. Or, you can brown the slices in a skillet on the stove.
- Squeeze the roasted lime halves evenly over the potatoes, peppers and onion, and chorizo.
- Once the vegetables and chorizo are cool enough to handle, skewer 2 of each item onto the bamboo skewers, alternating with fresh cilantro and parsley leaves, as desired.
- Rewarm assembled skewers in a low oven if needed or microwave.
- Serve with Roasted Garlic Crème.
Roasted Garlic Crème
- In a small bowl, mash the garlic cloves into a paste.
- Add the crème fraiche, yogurt, lime zest and juice. Whisk until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.)
This page contains affiliate links. Meaning, whenever you purchase an item after clicking an Amazon link through this website, we receive a small percentage from Amazon. It doesn’t cost anything extra to you! It simply helps maintain the blog. Thanks so much!