This gluten-free and mayo-free Baby Potato and Green Bean Salad is loaded with grape tomatoes, shallots and feta. Then coated in a lemony, dijon vinaigrette. One delicious, make-ahead side dish!
Remember to PIN THIS to save the recipe for later!
Why You'll Love this Recipe
When it comes to potato salad, I much prefer a not-laden-with-mayo version. Classic mayo-ee potato salad has certainly stood the test of time, but I'd rather pile my plate with a healthier, colorful, and super tasty alternative.
And, this yummy summer side has so much going on, you can easily turn it into a niçoise salad by adding some freshly seared tuna. I actually did that with leftovers, and it was fabulous. 🙂
Baby potatoes, green beans, shallots and heirloom grape tomatoes were my starring line up of choice, but you can easily sub whatever veggies your gang likes most. Small broccoli florets, bell pepper, red onion, and even some fennel would work great.
When the potatoes are done boiling, they get a splash of dry vermouth for extra flavor. Then, the vinaigrette is only four ingredients - lemon juice, white wine vinegar, mustard and olive oil. They're such complementary flavors that still let the vegetables shine. Enjoy!
More Healthy and Delicious Sides to Try!
Baby Potato and Green Bean Salad
- 12 ounces green beans , trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 pounds small red-skinned potatoes , unpeeled, halve the larger ones
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon or Creole mustard
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes , halved
- ½ cup shallots , finely chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese , crumbled
- ¼ cup fresh parsley , chopped
- 2 green onions , thinly sliced for garnish
- Cook beans in a saucepan of boiling, salted water until crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes. Drain. Transfer to bowl of ice water. Drain; pat dry with paper towels.
- Cook potatoes in a large pot of boiling, salted water until just tender, about 10 minutes. Drain then transfer to a large bowl.
- Drizzle vermouth over hot potatoes. Toss gently and let stand 5 minutes.
- Whisk vinegar, lemon juice, and mustard in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Pour over potatoes and toss to coat. Let cool completely.
- Mix in green beans, tomatoes, shallots, feta and parsley with potatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to serving bowl and top with green onions, if desired.
*Adapted from Bon Appétit, August 2002