Grilled Corn with Manchego and Lime! Slightly charred corn tossed with red onion, peppers, grilled lime and Manchego is loaded with sweet and smoky flavor.
The Belgium-France World Cup semi-final is on as I write this post so apologies in advance for any typos or grammatical errors. Basically I’m doing exactly what I tell my kids they can’t do, watch tv while doing homework. At least they’re not calling me out on it. No score yet.
Remember to PIN THIS to save the recipe for later!
The farmers’ market had tables overflowing with this sweet bi-color picked just hours before. Talk about inspo!
If you’ve seen my recent posts, you know I’m a huge fan of grilling fruit and veggies. You can always roast or boil the corn instead of grilling, but you’ll forgo that extra layer of concentrated, sweet smoky flavor only the grill can give. Limes, too, taste extra special after some time on the fire.
Once you cut off the kernels, it’s only a matter of adding the rest of the lineup. The red onion and peppers add bite and a little heat, while the salty Manchego perfectly complements the sweetness of the corn. The beauty of this recipe goes beyond just the ingredients, its simplicity makes it a top-notch side you can pull together in 30 minutes any day of the week.
Halftime 0-0. Hope you enjoy the recipe and the game’s second half. Homework is done! 🙂
Here are more seasonal recipes that showcase summer’s bounty!
- Grilled Peach & Burrata Basil Crostini
- Roasted Strawberry Lemon Cream Trifles
- Grilled Cantaloupe Black Bean Salad
- No Churn Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream
- Blistered Cherry Tomato & Grape Galette
- Skillet Berry Cobbler
This page contains affiliate links. Meaning, whenever you purchase an item after clicking an Amazon link through this website, we receive a small percentage from Amazon. It doesn’t cost anything extra to you! It simply helps maintain the blog. Thanks so much!
Grilled Corn with Manchego and Lime
- 6 ears of corn, husked
- 1-2 limes, halved
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- ¾ cup red onion, diced
- ⅓ cup poblano pepper, diced
- 1 small jalapeño, finely diced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup grated Manchego cheese
- Chopped chives and parsley, for garnish
- Preheat grill over medium-high heat. Brush corn and lime halves with vegetable oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill corn and limes 3-4 minutes per side. 10-12 minutes for the corn; 6-8 minutes for the limes. Remove from heat and tent with foil to keep warm.
- When cool enough to handle, cut kernels from corn cobs. Transfer to a large bowl, and add red onion, poblano pepper, and jalapeño if desired. Squeeze in juice of grilled lime.
- Add olive oil, Manchego cheese, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with chives and parsley.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Let come to room temperature before serving.)
*Adapted from Bon Appétit, August 2011