This Blueberry Chicken Salad coated in a refreshing, lemony, tangy Basil Mint Yogurt dressing is downright addictive. Serve on a bed of crisp Boston lettuce or in lettuce wraps to stay gluten-free!
Blueberries take ordinary chicken salad to another level with that pop of sweetness complementing the tender chicken and crunchy celery and shallots. I used a rotisserie chicken to keep things simple. Leftover grilled, seared or poached chicken works, too!
We skipped the mayo, and opted for a healthier way to dress up this salad. It's a combination of bright, fresh flavors of basil, mint, and lemon with the tanginess of yogurt and dijon mustard. Drizzle in a bit of honey, too, for a touch of sweetness.
Gently toss the dressing in with the blueberry-chicken mixture until well coated. If you can resist diving right in, it's good to refrigerate for 30 minutes or so to give the flavors a chance to meld together.
Serve in lettuce wraps or atop a bed of greens to keep the dish gluten-free, if desired. Otherwise, have an assortment of fresh rolls or croissants on hand. Or, simply grab a fork and enjoy straight from the bowl. 🙂 If you can't get enough berries, cap off the meal with our Skillet Berry Cobbler. Crazy good. Cheers!!
Blueberry Chicken Salad with Basil Mint Yogurt Dressing
- 4 cups rotisserie chicken , cubed
- 1 cup blueberries
- ⅔ cup shallot , diced (about 1 large)
- ⅔ cup celery , diced
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil , thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint , thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 lemon , zest and juice
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon pistachios , finely chopped
- Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl combine chicken, blueberries, celery, and shallots.
- In a medium bowl whisk together yogurt, basil, mint, mustard, honey, lemon zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Gently toss dressing in large bowl with chicken mixture until well coated. Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle with pistachios and serve on a bed of lettuce or in lettuce wraps.
Leave a Reply