This Blueberry Chicken Salad coated in a refreshing, lemony, tangy Basil Mint Yogurt dressing is downright addictive. Serve on a bed of crisp Boston lettuce or in lettuce wraps to stay gluten-free!
Blueberries take ordinary chicken salad to another level with that pop of sweetness complementing the tender chicken and crunchy celery and shallots. I used a rotisserie chicken to keep things simple. Leftover grilled, seared or poached chicken works, too!
We skipped the mayo, and opted for a healthier way to dress up this salad. It’s a combination of bright, fresh flavors of basil, mint, and lemon with the tanginess of yogurt and dijon mustard. Drizzle in a bit of honey, too, for a touch of sweetness.
Gently toss the dressing in with the blueberry-chicken mixture until well coated. If you can resist diving right in, it’s good to refrigerate for 30 minutes or so to give the flavors a chance to meld together.
Serve in lettuce wraps or atop a bed of greens to keep the dish gluten-free, if desired. Otherwise, have an assortment of fresh rolls or croissants on hand. Or, simply grab a fork and enjoy straight from the bowl. 🙂 If you can’t get enough berries, cap off the meal with our Skillet Berry Cobbler. Crazy good. Cheers!!
Blueberry Chicken Salad with Basil Mint Yogurt Dressing
- 4 cups cooked rotisserie chicken, cubed
- 1 cup blueberries
- ⅔ cup shallot, diced (about 1 large)
- ⅔ cup celery, diced
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon pistachios, finely chopped
- Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl combine chicken, blueberries, celery, and shallots. In a medium bowl whisk together yogurt, basil, mint, mustard, honey, lemon zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper. Gently toss dressing in large bowl with chicken mixture until well coated. Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Sprinkle with pistachios and serve on a bed of lettuce or in lettuce wraps.