Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Muffins are moist and delicious, easy homemade muffins loaded with dark chocolate chips and oozing with the hazelnut spread we all love. When pantry ingredients meet up with time on your hands, you get one mouthwatering result!
Remember to PIN THIS to save the recipe for later!
What You'll Need
To be honest, these Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Muffins practically make themselves. Have two large bowls at the ready. One for dry ingredients, the other for wet ingredients. Fold the wet into the dry, and whammo! You'll have a perfectly imperfect, thick lumpy batter kinda like when making good old-fashioned, country-style pancakes.
Once you have that perfectly, imperfect batter ready to go, grab an ice cream scoop or spoon of choice to divide half of the batter among a standard muffin pan. Then I used a small melon scoop to dollop Nutella in the middle of each muffin cup.
With the Nutella safely nestled in each cup, grab that ice cream scoop again to top the muffins off with more batter. To make them extra special, sprinkle on extra chocolate chips and brown sugar for perfectly coated muffin tops.
You'll love the aroma wafting through the house as these beauties bake. And, they'll certainly lure the kids out of bed, even teenagers. Happy baking! xx, Kim
More Sweet Treats with Pantry Ingredients
Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs , room temperature
- ⅓ cup sour cream or Greek yogurt , room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole milk (not skim)
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 10 ounces dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 heaping teaspoons Nutella , or other hazelnut spread
- brown sugar to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly grease a standard muffin pan, spray with nonstick spray or line with paper liners.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs, sour cream or yogurt, and sugar together in another large bowl until well combined.
- Stir in the milk, oil, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Whisk until mixture is pale yellow.
- Use a spatula to gently fold wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Avoid overmixing. Batter should be thick and lumpy.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use an ice cream scoop to divide half of the batter among prepared muffin pan cups, filling them halfway.
- Place a heaping teaspoon of Nutella in center of each muffin cup. Scoop remaining batter over Nutella, filling all the way to the top.
- Sprinkle muffins with brown sugar and extra chips, if desired.
- Bake muffins at 425°F for 5 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 350°F and continue to bake for 20-24 minutes until the tops are set and a toothpick inserted on the side comes out clean.
- Let cool 5 minutes in pan before serving. Enjoy!
This page contains affiliate links. Meaning, whenever you purchase an item after clicking an Amazon link through this website, we receive a small percentage from Amazon. It doesn’t cost anything extra to you! It simply helps maintain the blog. Thanks so much!