Make spring and summer entertaining tasty and easy with warm feta nestled in sweet and spicy Roasted Mango and Papaya Chutney. You can even serve this one-pan, vegetarian, gluten-free wonder straight from the oven!
Sheet Pan, Please
Thanks to Molly Gilbert and her cookbook, Sheet Pan Suppers, a strong cast of mouthwatering mid-week dinners and entertaining ideas came to fruition. Here, using a large baking sheet pan, we adapted her appetizer Baked Feta & Chunky Mango Chutney recipe. I added tropical papaya, much less sugar, a different vinegar, and cooked it for less time. It was devoured. The telltale sign of a delish dish!
The picture below shows the chopped fruit and veggies coated with lime juice, apple cider vinegar, and spiced with curry, cinnamon, garlic powder, and fresh ginger. A star-studded dish in the making!
Below, shows the unbaked feta atop the caramelizing fruit ready for one more trip through the oven.
The tang and texture of soft feta amidst the sweet and spicy chutney is irresistible! Serve with crackers and pita chips of choice. The chutney also doubles as a perfect complement to chicken, pork, burgers, and fish. Try it on our Caramelized Salmon or Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork Tenderloin. Enjoy!!
Roasted Mango and Papaya Chutney with Feta
- 2 large mangos, peeled, cut into ½ - ¾-inch cubes
- ½ papaya, peeled and seeds removed, cut into ½ - ¾-inch cubes
- 1 Golden Delicious apple, unpeeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 cup shallots, chopped (3-4 shallots)
- 1 cup golden raisins
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- Juice and zest of 1 Persian lime, or 3 key limes
- 1 8- ounce block of feta cheese
- Regular or gluten-free, crackers/pita chips for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large (18x12), rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper. In a large bowl, gently toss together all ingredients except the feta and crackers. Spread mixture evenly on prepared pan. Bake fruit 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, stir the chutney and place the block of feta in the middle. Spoon some of the chutney on top of the feta. Bake another 12-15 minutes to soften the feta (it won’t melt).
- Serve the chutney and feta warm right from the pan with crackers and/or pita chips.